Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

They sleep on sidewalks, eat out of trash cans, beg for money and carry only what fits into a backpack. Many of them are so good at blending into a crowd, they don’t even look homeless. Dr. Phil, along with special contributor Kelly Osbourne, shines a spotlight on life on the streets for homeless teens. Los Angeles, with its siren call of fame and money, has as many as 4,000 homeless teens living on the streets and another 6,000 called the hidden homeless. Kelly follows a day in the life of two teens, Danny and Bonnie. Find out the struggles they face on a daily basis, why they live on the streets and their biggest fear. Plus, meet Bonnie’s mother, and find out the shocking reason the teens don’t make it to the show. Parents, you’re going to want to watch this show with your teenager!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: laurawill8 on Jun 12, 2011, 5:36PM
I would love an update on this couple, I think about them and this episode often.

Replied By: sweetserenity on Oct 4, 2010, 8:07PM
i think just watching the show today made me realize how addicts are. I know from my experiencce with heroin that it is hard and i have over come it thanks to methadone. I do know if i had the opportunity like they did on the show to go to a great rehab like Hacieneda i would have never  turned that down, that is a chance of a lifetime!!!1

Replied By: dixie88 on Oct 4, 2010, 2:48PM
Thank Heavens for Kelly Osbourne. She has truly been there---where these kids are, with addiction. She came away from addiction and is healthy. She expresses kindness while giving the kids advice. She is not judgemental, she is loving. I am so glad Dr. Phil is using Kelly as an advisor for kids who desperately need help. God bless you, Kelly!

Replied By: flocksgirl on Oct 4, 2010, 1:32PM - In reply to armylt
I agree, Danny was left out on the show. Danny did not have a family who came forth to help him. I pray for him. How can I get in touch with him?

Replied By: flocksgirl on Oct 4, 2010, 1:29PM
I am so fed up with the medical community for prescribing drugs that can be habit forming.
My daughter Broke her ankle when she was 20 years old. She was prescribed percocet and vicodan. The Dr. kept refilling her prescription. She became pregnant while on the drugs and continued until her third month. At this time she was not allowed further refill, however it was too late. She was an addict. She needed the drugs so she called in the meds herself and picked them up. She went from Dr. to Dr. complaining of a cough so she could get cough medication with a narcotic. Hert baby was born healthy but the addiction continued. One day I received a call from the police stating my daughter had OD'd on heroin. I was told I needed to get to Va. right away. (I lived in PA) I was able to talk to the ER Dr. He said she was still alive but very high. I said to keep her there until I get there (4 hours).When I arrived, the ER Dr. said they were admitting her to the Psyc. unit. I said why. He said because she is incoherent and saying things that didn't make since.l said no way are you putting her in a mental hospital. I said what did the drug test show? He said he didnt do one. I said then could it be the drugs she's on causing this. (knowing damn well it was) The results were positive for 5 drugs. I said to medicate her so she will sleep on the way home to Pa. When she wakes up she'll be here and I can get her on a plane to California into rehab. which I did. To make a vvery long story short. She has been clean and sober for 2 and 1/2 years. Is getting her daughter back. Found a great job. Everyone must stop these Dr.s from prescribing a death sentence to our kids. I am so lucky that I didn't bury my daughter. And she is lucky she is able to get her daughter back. The sadness, the stress, the pain and money it cost to get to this point should have never happened. I pray for both of the kids on The show. They are classy looking kids and just needs love and someone to devote the time to them. God bless them!

Replied By: southside30 on Sep 11, 2010, 11:25AM
The biggest issue with homeless teens as with any other issue that negativly affects families is DRUGS...used either by the kids or the parents or both! Too bad!

Replied By: martinmoh on Sep 8, 2010, 11:59AM
Bonnies actually my cousin, and I had no idea she had run away. I havent even heard from her in almost a year now, and last I knew she was off heroin. I almost didn't believe my aunt when she told me she was going to be on the show, that it had gone this far. Bonnie considers herself a very free spirit, and I would agree, but she needs to come home and get help. I just wish there was a way I could get ahold of her..

Replied By: oceansidekim on Sep 8, 2010, 2:44AM
This program really hit home for me.  4 weeks ago my 15yr old grandson ran away from a loving and nurturing home because he thought that  the family had not accepted his sexual orientation.  To give you an idea how absurd this thinking is,  the day before he ran away I had spent the entire day with him,  taking him to Beverly Hills Rodeo Dr. for lunch and shopping and floor seats to see the Lady Gaga concert.  Prior to that his mother had taken him and a friend to see the Adam Lambert concert.  We are a strong Christian family and believe that we should love everyone just like Christ did. We have been nothing but loving and accepting of who he is.  We are perplexed because he is insisting on staying in this shelter instead of coming home.  After seeing this show and realizing what he must of experienced for just those 2 days, he spent on the streets, I am more scared and worried then ever.  The counselors at the shelter say that he is telling them if he is made to come home, he will only run away again.  Our family is in crisis and there doesn't seem to be any answers to our questions.

Replied By: washingmachine on Sep 7, 2010, 1:22PM
Of course i feel for them i myself had a drug problem but  the show directs its help toward Bonnie because she wants it. She has a wonderful family and life to go back to, and i know that Danny can make a wonderful life for himself , he just has to focus his mind on what he really wants out of life and realize you cannot have any kind of life on heroin.Danny is stubborn and he might be refusing help.I pray for both of these people but it is up to them to change their life. 

Replied By: desb22 on Sep 7, 2010, 12:13PM
I feel for these kids who have no one and nowhre to turn. We our family has become homeless and there is no sfe place to turn or any housing that is available. This is due not to drugs and alcohol but to health issues and the economy. We need a hand up just as these kids need one. I wish I could help them in some way because we know what it fells like to have nowhere to go and nowhere to turn. It is frustrating and it is scarry. We have three children two woth special needs My oldest son is autistic.
We as a country need to stand up and do something . This is not about money this is about every person in the us deserves to have a home no matter what. Yuo can not judge tehm you ahve to put your hand out and try and stop this from getting worse. If any onre would like to contact me my email is desb2230@yaho.com. I will say a prayer for all the children who are out there and have no one that they find a warm bed and a hot meal and that they never will be on the streets again.

Showing 1-10 of total 35 Comments