Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

Have you ever had a problem where you wondered, am I the only one who is dealing with this? Lori says that after 18 years of marriage, she thinks she may be a lesbian. Her husband thinks she’s going through a phase and wants their normal life back. Dr. Phil and psychotherapist and sexologist Dr. Michele Angello weigh in. Then, Sarah, 21, wants to know if it’s normal that she loves films that are disturbing, shocking and disgusting. Her mother says she doesn’t understand her daughter’s love of bloody, gory and utterly terrifying movies. And, Lynda says she has a master’s degree but can only find a job as a model. She says no one will take her seriously, and she is judged because of her looks. Could there be another reason she can’t land a job in her chosen career?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: datruth3 on Jun 4, 2014, 8:51AM
It has been almost 4 years since this show aired. My daughter Malyaziah is only 2 years old and she watches and listens to Michael Jackson all day long. She goes on youtube on our cell phones and tablets by herself. She has a hat that she wears all day and calls it her Mike hat, she puts on her jacket and tries to dance like Michael all the time.

Replied By: borneocat on Oct 8, 2010, 3:06AM - In reply to jaybigmc
I just saw this show, and I've liked gory movies for one and a half decade (and im 27). My oppinion on this topic is that if you are a normal person who likes horror movies, there are no problem. I often use horrormovies to abreaction for a bad day - and it works well too.

But if a person shows signs of abnormalities because of the films or are too focused on the films, I think they soon will need help of some kind.

Replied By: southcanoe on Sep 30, 2010, 5:03PM
Lori,

I, like you fell in love with a woman later in life...I was 29, married with 3 children the first time I fell in love. It was a shock to say the least, but today almost 15 years later, I can see the sign posts along the way that I attributed to needing a mother or female in my life to give me the love my mother was unable to as a child as truly being attractions to women.
I took the journey, slow, very slow at first, for I knew that loving a woman was a piece of my truth, my authentic self and if I denied it forever, I would continue to feel an incompleteness at my soul level. I spent another 10 years with men before coming out to my family after again finding myself in love with a woman. I had worked on self healing over those 10 years also and was finally ready to take the journey out.
I believe my fears were bigger than my realities of how terrible my life would be on the other side....For today, I share my life with a woman, whom my 3 grown children love. My ex husband and I have found a special friendship and desire to be all that we can be for our children and grandchildren and he even comes to our home to share holidays, and special moments with us. My children now have a Mom and Dad who love them together in peace, and a step mom who adds extra love to the pot.
I never could have imagined my life being this good....but I believe what makes it so good, is that by honoring my truth, there isn't any room for anyone who doesn't honor me as equally...and those that really loved me before, love me the same today. If anything, my life has become better.
Take each moment as it comes....And I believe that you too can find a way to honor you ,while honoring and loving your husband and children in your new found truth.

Replied By: bebockinbeaker on Sep 10, 2010, 6:21PM
My parents were married for 22 years when they got divorced over diffrrences. My mom started dating another man immediately and 5 years later they were married. He died about a year later due to medical problems. A few months later she began dating a woman and they have been together for 4 yars now. She is a Christian and while many in that community do not understand or accept it, she has found friends and a church that does accept her. She is happy and while her and her girlfriend have problems that a hetero couple would, they face new problems due to the "norm." My advice is to tailor your community to you. Surround yourself with people who accept you. Find a church and a support group that doesn't see you as gay or straight but as Lori. You will have to alter your life unfortunately, but tailor life to you, done try to fit a square peg into a round hole, find a square hole to fit into and you'll be happier. You may also need to decide are you not attracted to your husband because of him, or because he's a man. Councelors and groups of other women who have been through this can help you make this decision. Best of luck.

Replied By: y658229 on Sep 9, 2010, 6:00AM
To the beautiful lady who has been married several years and now thinks that she should end her marriage to start another relationship because she fell in love with a women.  It is my opinion that when somone is married for as long as she has been and given her history of relationships and age, she fell in love with another person.  Regardless if it is female or male at this time shouldn't  be the issue.  I don't think the issue for her is weather or not her sexual orientation has changed, or she just realized it.  I have seen the advise of Dr. Phil to women who fall in love with men and the advice  is different .  He always encourages the couple to stay together.  She simply fell in love with another person, and now wants to leave her husband to pursue this new love.  I feel had she known she was attracted to the opposite sex since birth or very young, the advice might be different, but in this particular case I was disappointed that Dr. Phil had not advised her to not keep having an affair but work on the marriage.  Again, if she had fallen in love with a man, she probably would have gotten a different response.  Do we leave the one we are commited to because we realized after years of being in the relationship we changed the type of people we love? Do we leave because we are no longer attracted? or feel in love? or do we choose to love on a daily basis.  My answers are that love is a choice . We can pick and choose who we want to love.

Replied By: dragonflylvr on Sep 7, 2010, 11:22PM - In reply to cincyreds45212
Lori, I am in your situation. I have been seperated from my husband for 2 years. I am struggling with feeling love for another woman. Its so hard to accept when you have been raised that it is your sure fire ticket to hell first class to be of the gay community. I know that my family would NEVER accept me as a lesbian or bisexual and would completely turn their back on me which is why I have not been able to commit to a relationship with the woman I know would make me happier than I have ever been before. She and I have had an on again off again relationship for two years.

Between marriages and this woman I speak of now, I was in another lesbian relationship on and off for 3 years. I am happier with a female partner, but accepting being gay and being able to handle to criticism from others makes it very dfficult to completely give my self over to that relationship.

If being gay or lesbian was a CHOICE, I can assure you none of us would have chosen it because even though it seems accepted, we all know that really we live with looks, attitudes, preaching, and condemnation on a daily basis.

I wish you the very best and I hope that you have the strength to be the happy person in the relationship that makes you feel alive regardless of what you may face in the future. I have also thought of "coming out" on tv just to get it out to everyone at once so that I am not retelling it all the time. Its not easy to talk about.

As far as you holy rollers that think you know God better than the rest, I hope you do not lie, cheat, overeat, or gossip because those are also sins and I would hate for you to be sitting in hell beside us gays that you preached to on earth!!! A sin is a sin in Gods eyes. No one sin is bigger than the other. So before you preach to Lori or any other gay person, how about getting the plank out of your own eye so that you can see more clearly the truth.

Best wishes to you Lori and your partner!

Replied By: jaybigmc on Sep 7, 2010, 1:31PM
I just have to say I love the horror movies and slasher flix also. I even go as far as rewinding the really gross parts and watching them in slow motion.  So love it, nothing wrong with it.  I would absolutely love favorites or really good horror movie suggestions.

Jennifer of Idaho

Replied By: shortnsassy on Sep 6, 2010, 1:33PM - In reply to thinking3
I DVR'd this program and just watched it and felt like I HAD to comment!  I want to be clear that I don't feel that someone being gay is a disorder in any way!!  However, if someone SUDDENLY begins to feel that they are attracted to the opposite sex, I would say that there is something going on chemically in their brain, and body. 
A full hormone work up is in order!!

Replied By: thinking3 on Sep 6, 2010, 8:32AM
Am I the only one who thinks this gal needs a full mid-life hormone work up? As we age our hormones change...could a dose of estrogen restore her balance?  Is it possible she  IS and HAS BEEN heterosexual all along, but that menopause is the problem?  

Replied By: africanlady on Sep 6, 2010, 4:27AM - In reply to blueeyes1957
Thumbs up madam, your feelings for loving a woman is not something you choose for. Let we all stop mis using the bible on a subject that is as old as humanity itself.

Showing 1-10 of total 73 Comments