Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 06/03/10) Since its debut in 2002, the Dr. Phil show has helped thousands of people get real about their lives and has touched millions of viewers. But do you ever wonder how much work goes into producing an episode? Dr. Phil pulls back the curtain to give an exclusive look into the making of his talk show. Sit in on a meeting with him and the show’s producers as they discuss the issues that matter most to you. How are guests selected for the show, and what happens when they leave the stage? And, revisit the more dramatic moments of the season, such as the follow up with the deafblind triplets and the teen suicide episode with actor and best-selling author Hill Harper. Plus, Robin shares her backstage reflections and one of her favorite things about the show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: luvroses on Jul 30, 2010, 4:06PM
A very interesting show!  It is amazing the amount of research and investment in resources Dr Phil and staff do into the lives of guests, the caring way that it is done, and with intention that the viewers "take away" a lesson from the show.  Knowing how  the guests are screened,  prepared and the follow up that goes into place is amazing!   this will change the way I watch the show, and listen.

Has there been any update on the Marty, Erin family?  Alexandra's baby?

Replied By: DrPhilBoard1 on Jul 30, 2010, 3:27PM
The Dr. Phil Community will be undergoing maintenance tonight between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. PST. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Replied By: candicecan on Jul 29, 2010, 2:02PM
First I am thanking you for your time. Sorry it's taken me a few days to email you, my name is Candice and it is my daughter Brittany I need help with. I could type you a story that would take days for you to read,not to mention that as you read my story you would read it and most likely question yourself, ?my gosh ? this poor family...but I am reaching out the last way I know how, and that is to you...my daughter has for the past 5 years suffered with a substance abuse problem as well as a bi-polar/borderline manic disorder and dual personality disorder. Now I know that there are those that 'label' people and due to that 'label' some people actually develop the traits that mimic the 'label'. However not in our case, my daughter for the first time in 5 years told me she wanted to live....yes awesome right....and then the next day the hospital was ready to push her out. I have come to Dr Phil show because I am out of all/any options. My faith and trust in Godhas allowed me to get this far, but I am now at a brick wall. They are releasing my daughter Friday July 30. I am terrified for her to come home because within the past she has attempted to take her life however just recently within a month and a half she not only has attempted to take her life but mine as well. I do know that this 10 days of her being in the hospital she has done so much better in groups and meetings. I have searched and searched and prayed and continue daily with both, but yet I still come up empty handed and NO ONE can help us. This has gone on too long I have tried everything form mental hospitals to wilderness programs to counselling to therapist's after therapist's, thousands of dollars and it's not even how much money I have spent or time I have put into this I would do it forever if i could but I have seriously come to a BRICK WALL. I have tried everything I even most recently went the spiritual route with her. I know from her that she is excited to reconnect with her spirituality, her fear is that according to society and what she hears is that 'no one in the church community is like her  someone like her who has been on a continued downward spiral,but that  they are all just bible thumpers'. But when she talks to me she believes that there may be a group of people that would understand her more and help her with her WALK. Please help me with anyone you know of that can help us.
I WANT MY DAUGHTER TO LIVE......SHE HAS HER WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF HER IF I CAN JUST GET SOMEONE TO HEAR MY VOICE FOR HER!!!!!
I thank you for your time in advance,
Candice C Corbett

Replied By: grampy_mike on Jul 29, 2010, 12:43PM
Dr Phil. Just wanted to thank you for all that you do on your show. I am from Canada and there are so many times I wish I had some one like you to listen and to help so many people in our area with there many problems. My hats off to you Dr Phil and thank you and all your staff for all that you do for all of us, even here in Canada.

Replied By: infinito on Jul 29, 2010, 8:05AM - In reply to msmandarano
Are you kiding me ? this stupid people called (parents) are looser they enable ,they get manipulated by this addicts ...yes addicts they are ,is more they spoil them is more this addicts take advance of them .They see in thi sparents how weak they are it is disgusting....and the kids get less respect from them they  will say"look at this idiots ,loosers they do whatever I say and laugh of them ,this is WHY this kids are in drugs they don;t have parents at all.You have to be kidding lady!

Replied By: infinito on Jul 29, 2010, 8:01AM
Watching this show this parents are making worse with this kids ,they enable them to the top,First at all if my kid do that I don't care where she is even if in danger when a parent is not tough when they are manipulated by the drug addicts  is the end .....this parents have to be away from  this addicts.....I raised three wonderful children by myself it was tough ,poor ,depression ,but i made it and now they are college educated ,wonderul people I am very proud of them .I told drug addicts are loosers ,and if you do that I will be very dissapointed of you ,they saw strong parenthood , strugling to raise them well and here I am enjoing seeing them happy and great citizens .This parents are worst that the kids ,they are so stupid ,they don;t know what is going on ,really ,this addicts kids are looking for strong parenthood not weak silly stupid parents .We parents make good kids or bad kids ,we have to guide them not only love but understanding ,somehing I never had in my life ,i never received love and whatever i miss in my life  I give it to my kids they are precious .....If  I have a parent like this ones in this show I would be a DRUG ADDICT really!

Replied By: msmandarano on Jul 29, 2010, 4:24AM
I think the parents did all the right intervention and I also feel that in addition to keeping her safe and off of drugs/ huffing, they should also see what can be changed in their living style.  Perhaps give her some freedom of religion.  Allow her to be an individual with thoughts and beliefs.  I'm 48 yrs. old and I have to say that if I were forced to read the bible every day along with other family functions that may feel constricting, I may start to rebell.

Replied By: hpmx59 on Jul 24, 2010, 5:03PM
Be Doctor Hind Phil/Robin Scene The. I saw last month and I know how your show run. See you on July 28- th, 2010 Thursday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------------------------

Replied By: cadescove99 on Jun 14, 2010, 4:33PM - In reply to doctorf
Well, at least he isn't texting! I know some people consider even the "hands-free" technology distracting. But, so is conversing with passengers. Should that be banned, too?

Replied By: doctorf on Jun 4, 2010, 8:11AM
Dr. Phil don't you watch the OPRAH show anymore?  Please read and sign the no phone zone pledge. I don't care if you are using hands off technology. You are still speaking on the phone, while driving, and RESEACH has proven that when you perform these two tasks, driving and speaking on the phone, that your concentration level declines and you are more prone to have an accident. Why take the risk???? Children have lost their lives to adults who drive and use the phone at the same time. Shame on you!  If you must talk while in the car, pull off into a parking lot and make your call. 

Showing 1-10 of total 27 Comments