Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

In an emotional one-on-one with Dr. Phil, Marty breaks down in tears as he discusses his two daughters, 22-year-old Alexandra and 19-year-old Katherine. Find out his thoughts about Alex and Tony’s relationship, and his feelings about bonding with his third grandchild. What does Marty say is his biggest fear? And, Marty makes an offer to Alexandra – if she leaves Tony! Then, hear Dr. Phil’s warning for the father, and get his insight on what he believes Alexandra should be doing right now. And, Marty and his wife, Erin, currently have custody of their 6-year-old grandson, Nathan, and 2-year-old granddaughter, Leilah. Are they raising their grandchildren differently than they raised their two daughters? Plus, a frightened Alex called Dr. Phil producers on her way to the hospital. Find out what caused her trip to the E.R. Get caught up with this family.

Find out what happened on the show.

"Marty is the kind of man who likes to get things fixed — quickly — and move on. He has been working very hard to listen, understand and influence Alexandra and Katherine." Read more of Erin's candid thoughts on her blog.
Comments
Replied By: signorasonja on May 30, 2010, 11:53AM - In reply to fromthesquare
may be you should read the following book : The male brains by Louann Bizendrine. In Europe this book was released in two weeks ago. I read it because I have an 19 old son and his father (my exhusband) are thinking so very different. This book was an eye opener for me. SOme facts you know already, but the writer is an scientist who did several fysical test and her findings are very helping to understand why boys/men are reacting like they do. Apart from all that she even gave attention to homosexual brains, so you can understand their behaviour too.

May be this will bring you more understanding and harmony in your envirement!

Replied By: cowgirl220 on May 30, 2010, 10:49AM
I do, and it enrages me, that MARTY lights up like a Christmas tree at the mention of and talking about NATHAN but not with LEILAH.. 

Talk about favoritism. 

Replied By: fromthesquare on May 29, 2010, 6:43PM - In reply to friendlyfire
How many men do you know that want a blog to write their "feelings" on.  I have 5 sons- None of them want to share their feelings especially in writing- they hate writing too. 

One of my son's friends was assaulted by his father, fought back and broke his father's nose.  The police were called and charges are pending against the father who was then kicked out of the house by the mom.  When I ask my son how this friend is doing he says, "He's fine mom.  We don't talk about stuff like that we just hang out."  That pretty much sums Marty up.  They have feelings but they just don't have the need to be "in touch" with them like women do.

Replied By: signorasonja on May 29, 2010, 3:00PM
This generation is poissoned with to much luxury. No worries about anything, mum and dad pays for everything and there are (thank God) much more possibilities to achieve your goals. The other side of the medal is to much tv, internet, drugs, alcohol and so on as a result of being borred about everything.
Even on tv everyone look like each other and it seems no one is willing to be unique in his/her way. I live in Europe and life here is very simelar as in the States.  Bad schools, children got very low education although the government promise they will fix that, but never happens. Houseprices are that high so both parents has to work fulltime. How are parents suppose to react on time when their children are going their own (more often bad) ways.
Life is hard nowadays and the sad thing is there's no sight at all things will be better.

Raised my boy (almost 19) with good standards but sometimes he's not taking good decisions.
Parents are the key to raise their children to good people but it's no garantee that it will succeed.

Replied By: marianparoo on May 28, 2010, 12:20PM - In reply to cadescove99
There seems to be glaring favoritism towards Alex, maybe because the children's lives may be at stake, but mama not going through drug testing isn't going to make things any safer.

And I have noticed that a lot of posters consider Katherine's drug use  far worse than Alex's child neglect, adultery, possible child abuse and drug abuse as well.

Replied By: marianparoo on May 28, 2010, 12:16PM - In reply to ninidon
... I think kids want to be a CSI today the way they wanted to be -- goddess help us -- lawyers when LA Law was a big hit.

I love CSI type shows, all the math and science nerds are finally sex symbols!

My neph goes to a special smartiepants Science and Arts highschool (and is graduating in three weeks and going in to the army shortly that, where does the time go?) that has a CSI club, but the  kids that are  in it are already in highly academic HS and  going on to study in college big time when they finish their military service.

Replied By: ninidon on May 28, 2010, 11:59AM - In reply to marianparoo
And I think her "interest" in nursing school is the same as her "interest" in marine biology way back when. She's saying it because it makes her sound smart.

There may be something to this.  Several of my grandkids want to be CSIs when they grow up. They are smart enough,as their reports cards indicate, but do they realize what is really involved? The smells, the sights and without the neat music and fast cars from CSI:Miami...We'll see!

Alex's wishfulness reminds me a lot of my 16 year old grand-daughter and her friends. They want to be seen as adults but just don't have enough life behind them to make informed decisions even when not so good decisions can have devastating effects.

Replied By: marianparoo on May 28, 2010, 6:15AM - In reply to ladyday1
...I think she has to get her GED first. From what I understand, despite all the aid she was being handed on a silver plater by the Dr. Phil people, she apparently decided not to finish high school.

And I think her "interest" in nursing school is the same as her "interest" in marine biology way back when. She's saying it because it makes her sound smart.

All that being said, I do hope her health improves, both for her sake and the sake of the child she is carrying. From what I read on another forum (Wedensday's) there are complications.

Replied By: ladyday1 on May 28, 2010, 4:25AM - In reply to sivadvc
in a nut shell! heaven help the medical community!

Replied By: cadescove99 on May 27, 2010, 3:09PM - In reply to vld813
It really burned me up that Dr Phil "fired" Katherine for refusing to take a drug test, yet admitted to Marty that Alex had also refused to take one, but didn't "fire" her. And, promised her his help any time she asked for it. Why is one "worthy" of his help, but the other isn't?

Showing 11-20 of total 402 Comments