Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

Original Air Date: 05/19/10) They smoke, drink, speed, pop pills, disappear all night and disrespect their parents all day. They are teens gone wild, and Dr. Phil has a huge wake-up call for them and their parents! Kimberly and David say their 14-year-old daughter, Alaina, has had so many tickets from the police, that she’s under house arrest. And their 16-year-old daughter, Alexis, is very manipulative and throws fits when she doesn’t get her way. How did their girls get so dangerously out of control? And will Kimberly and David have the strength to follow through with Dr. Phil’s advice? Parents, if you’re in a power struggle with your teen, don’t miss this show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: ovationplayer on Nov 18, 2014, 2:10PM - In reply to pootsiemom
Wow...Alexis is simply unbelievable.  And David saying he's "soft-hearted"?  Dr. Phil should've said, "No, David, you're SOFT-HEADED"!!  I thought I knew some bad & troubled kids, but Alexis is in a WHOLE NEW CATEGORY... And to think that David STALLED FOR TWO MONTHS before sending the girls to Turnabout Ranch!!  Alaina turned her life around, thank God, but Alexis is obviously headed for a ton more trouble!!

Replied By: pootsiemom on Sep 24, 2014, 9:01AM
I've never seen anyone whose face was as immobile as this mother's!. Then there was surprise when she thought the kids wouldn't be comfortable without their makeup? It was difficult to hear what she was saying because looked so out of it.

Replied By: remba1950 on Mar 30, 2011, 8:21AM - In reply to poikj2
If you need the girls for companionship, get a dog..... Let the girls get the help they need while you and your wife get the help you need.

Replied By: remba1950 on Mar 30, 2011, 8:11AM
David wants the girls home because he likes having them around? If that's all he needs, get a dog.

Replied By: poikj2 on Mar 29, 2011, 2:25PM
Not ment to be an excuse only ment to say we parents can influence our children if we are there in person as examples to offer guidance and to be a teacher.  A young person's brain is not programed maturely.  They need parenting... they need a parent.

Replied By: dreamauthor on Mar 29, 2011, 2:00PM - In reply to poikj2
NO EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Replied By: poikj2 on Mar 29, 2011, 1:41PM
I do not condone the actions of the girls but look around your own neighborhoods at how may young people are left to fend for themselves because both parents have to work!  This is strenght and an independent spirit for any individual.  Our society needs to put our childrens needs first once again... a stay at home mom or dad is very much needed!  Is it so hard to see?

Replied By: donnaos on Feb 7, 2011, 8:18PM
I have dealt with addicts most of my life so I have little sympathy for someone like Alex. Instead, I find it frustrating, saddening and irritating to see that Alex doesn't even begin to get it...after all the help she's been given and offered over several years....and that few others ever get. I have some empathy for some addicts....who never had a parent who cared, or a lovely home ample food or the luxuries that were afforded Alex. Welcome to the real world Alex....your life isn't so bad....it is your choices that are making your life miserable.
Personally, I think Alex is a using addict but....even if she isn't.....she is frozen in an addictive mentality of self absorption, excuses, judgement of others and manipulation...instead of honest self examination, accountability and 'change'. She's all talk and baloney and NO corrective action. She has not only ignored the advice and opportunities presented her...she has multiplied them....and still with an expectation that others should be there to clean up after her poor choices and make her feel good.  Then she even has the audacity to attack or blame the very people who have consistently been there for her. Alex has CHOSEN to be a victim instead of a victor because she consistently chosen to ignore the wisdom and advice offered her.
Alex KNOWS that everyone BUT HER, is both caring and 'RIGHT'' ....but to acknowledge that.... would require her to see herself for what she is....self serving, immature and uncaring about the efforts, work or needs of others. Alex is all about Alex and is a self serving little girl in a woman's body who wants to do what she wants when she wants it. In addition, she seems to feel entitled to call the shots at the same time.
It is blatantly obvious that Alex has a poor self esteem....but she has only turned what is normal for many..... to something that I'm certain for her seems unresolvable. I believe her low sense of self worth will only continue to worsen exponentially....until she finally comes to terms and acknowledges that it is SHE, and she alone, who created the issues that plague her now and the abyss of misery that she habitually wallows in. She needs a major attitude adjustment and when she begins to make healthy decisions in following the advice of the professionals and her parents (who seem to have the patience of Job) she will begin to find the healthy self esteem she has lost.
Personally, I am more than saturated with her immaturity, self absorption, lies and manipulation to try to make herself look in any way responsible. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you got pregnant once....it can happen again....and if you can't afford the consequences of an action then stop participating or playing the game. Pleasure comes after responsibility Alex....not before. You should be on your knees in thanksgiving that your parents are raising your children....and at their age....it is costing them a lot more in energy than it did when they were younger.
If you really want to learn to about 'love' then learn to love yourself instead of expecting someone else to make you feel loved. You begin to learn.....by 'listening' instead of telling others what to do or how to do it....obviously your track record for listening so far isn't very good. Then you start 'doing' what is right and healthy that means following the sage advice from Dr. Phil, the professionals he's made available and your parents....who deserve all of your appreciation....NOT by listening to your friends or boyfriends or rationalizing to accommodate what you wish to do.
It's time to get that chip off your shoulder, examine YOURSELF instead of others and grow up. Start owning up to your choices and clean up after yourself instead of looking to or expecting others to pick up after, or help you. If you continue to be as fortunate as you have....and people do help you....then recognize 'it is a gift'....and be thankful.

Replied By: 1rosey1 on Aug 23, 2010, 5:50PM
The father, who is probably a highly placed executive with a good income is emotionally disconnected from his daughters. He believes that his wife should do all the parenting, and just "leave" him alone.

It may be too late for the older child. It is NOT too late for the younger child. Sir, your parently skills are inadequate. You may have skills as an executive, but you have become a laissez faire father. You don't have the skills for this.

Please transfer your daughters to a group home where they can learn discipline. This show has run a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure what has happened in the interim. You CANNOT handle this situation "at home" as you said on the show. Your wife is also suffering from your emotional separation, and is bearing the brunt of this entire tragedy herself. She also needs to learn how to stand up to you and demand that her daughters be placed in a group home.

I don't know if you read these comments or not. I hope you do.

Replied By: jmjfarm on Aug 18, 2010, 9:25AM
Thank you Dr Phil and staff for presenting us with a truly disfunctional family story. If the parents ever figure it out, there may be hope for the children. Until then, it looks as though the children run the show.

Showing 1-10 of total 334 Comments