Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

Dr. Phil and Robin introduce the most amazing, beautiful and captivating guest they’ve ever had on the show – their precious granddaughter, Avery! Joining them are their sons, Jordan and Jay, and Jay’s wife, Erica. Find out what surprised Dr. Phil the most about becoming a grandfather for the first time. Don’t miss exclusive footage of the family in the delivery room with their new bundle of joy. Plus, go behind the scenes of Avery’s photo shoot with People magazine, and get a glimpse of a day in the life of first-time parents, Erica and Jay. Learn how the new mom is adjusting to motherhood. Plus, Erica gets an onstage surprise from some very important people in her life. Then, the McGraws aren’t the only ones celebrating baby news. Tracey and her husband, Peter, recently learned they’re expecting twins, but Tracey says her husband is naïve about the amount of work it takes to care for two babies. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s sweet surprise for the couple. And, Virginia says she loves to take her 6-year-old granddaughter, Bella, for manicures, pedicures and lunch dates. The doting grandma calls Bella the love of her life, but worries that she’s not making time for her other grandkids. Can she learn to stop playing favorites?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: seeksanswers on May 11, 2010, 10:21AM
Congrats and best wishes to the McGraw family on the birth of their first grandchild. With a stunning mother and two very attractive grandmothers it was no surprise to see a beautiful baby ! May you all enjoy the gift that keeps giving.

Replied By: sharonv2549 on May 8, 2010, 8:45AM
What an adorable, precious little angel that Jay and Erica have created.  Such an alert little girl too.  I'll agree with ya Dr. Phil, she's gonna be a smart one!!!   I just loved the show and thank you to all of U folks for sharing little Avery with us.

Btw, Happy Mothers Day to both Robin and Erica on Sunday!!!

With warm regards ~ Sharon A. Villasenor

Replied By: cutiemia on May 7, 2010, 9:54PM - In reply to bdeartrm
Beautiful, alert, precious baby.  I read 2 letters of people complaining that Erin's parents were not there.

YES THEY WERE!

Replied By: dlms50 on May 7, 2010, 8:30PM
Whenever there is a new addition to a family, there is much to celebrate, especially when there is such good health and a strong support system in place.  Becoming a parent is a life changing event in our lives, and no matter how much you love your partner, parental love almost defies the meaing of love as you have known it.  Holding that first new little life is so overwhelming and you find yourself asking ,"just how did you even fit in there"?  Each child after that is one of God's greatest blessings and you understand that you have such a short window to teach them how to survive in the real world.

When your grandchildren come along, you just don't dream that love could be any mre powerful than what you already experienced, but you are so wrong.  My first grandson was born 13 weeks early and it took forever to just be able to hold him.  When I was able to get him into my arms, it was an experience that again was overwhelming and new.  I watched him be born and went through so many heart stoping crises with him in his first three months, but holding him was like being connected to his mother in such another dimension.  She gave birth to this tiney new life, and I too, could sit for hours just holding him, like I had done with my own babies.  I don't believe you can spoil a baby, nor can you give him/her too much love. 

Your show with all its raw emotions clearly brought back the way I felt when my own children were born, and then my grandchildren.  Thank you for sharing what IS a life changing experience.  We are never too old to learn that we till have new unchartered emotions to learn, and the blessings are endless.  Jay and Erica did not appear to be in a "zombie" like state of mind like I remember with my first one, so they must be doing something different than some of us did. 

Love and enjoy this new chapter of your lives as your beautiful granddaughter has much to teach you, and you her.  This was definitely a kleenix show for me as the rush of feelings were familiar all over again, even though my first son was born almost 41 years ago, and my first grandson was born almost 20 years ago.  Those footprints on our hearts never go away.

Thank you to your entire (and extended) family for sharing your God given gift with the world.

Replied By: sandralam on May 7, 2010, 7:30PM
I was so happy to see ALL the grandparents on the stage with Avery.  It was a lovely show and very heartwarming.  Avery is truly an awesome baby and will be raised with an awareness that she is a very lucky girl!  I have no doubt in my mind that she will be taught to "pay it forward" as she gets older!!  God bless all of you!  Grandpa Doc, the mustache looks good either way but for now not having it allows you to get and give nicer Grandpa kisses!!

Replied By: ghoagland on May 7, 2010, 2:43PM
Just wanted to say congrats to the whole family , she is a beauty.I think maybe Grampa & Gramma Mc Graw have fallen in love with a beautiful little girl .Good luck and much joy  & happiness to you all.
Ghoagland

Replied By: donnaw49 on May 7, 2010, 1:09PM
Congratulations to the entire family on the birth of this precious and beautiful child.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching the grandparents adore Avery, and had to chuckle when Robin said she was born to be a grandma.  I've said those exact words to my two sons.

Replied By: goldenpeace on May 7, 2010, 7:09AM
Dr. Phil and family:
Happiness, love and joy with alot of good humor and laughter!
What a wonderful show, thank you all for sharing your first grandchild Avery with us.
Best wishes for continued good health and fun times!
I too am a first time grandmother and do I ever love my little grandson!
Blessings!

Replied By: gmaof6 on May 6, 2010, 10:08PM
Dr. Phil and Robin:
Your granddaughter is just adorable and I wish her every good thing in life.  My husband and I also have a wonderful granddaughter whose name is Avery Elizabeth Marlia.  She is eight years old and in the second grade.  She was recently admitted to the talented and gifted program at her school.  She creates lovely art work and is particularly gifted in spelling.  Her family only looks up words if she isn't home to ask! 
She was given her middle name in tribute to my amazing late mother-in-law who raised 13 children, every one of whom is a kind, giving, productive citizen.  I can't think of any role model I'd rather hold up for her and I know your little Avery will be blessed to have the example of her wonderful grandparents as she goes through life.
Nothing in my life has been as fully joyous as being a grandmother and I'm so glad you've "joined the club," Robin.  Our other grandchildren are as special and wonderful as our Avery, of course, and I hope you are blessed with more darlings to come.

Replied By: lialia on May 6, 2010, 9:15PM
My family and I enjoyed seeing your show tonight with all your family and your new granddaughter. 
Congratulations to you all!
We enjoyed seing each and every one holding the baby except the Uncle!  What happened?
Sincerely,
Val Smith

Showing 1-10 of total 90 Comments