Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

Last week, Dr. Phil confronted Alexandra's fiancé, Tony, about the bruises on the neck of Alexandra's 2-year-old daughter, Leilah. When Tony’s initial polygraph test indicated deception, he asked to take the test again. Will Dr. Phil finally be able to get some answers today when Tony shows up for test number three? Just before Alex and Tony tape the show, they have a heated argument. Will it be the end of their relationship? Next, emotions run high as Erin and Tony engage in a verbal spat that ends with Tony walking offstage. And, Alex requests private time with Dr. Phil backstage. Can Dr. Phil wake up Alex to her harsh reality? Find out if she will heed his warning.

Erin shares her thoughts about Tony and his polygraph results. Read her candid thoughts on her blog.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jennybrighteye on May 23, 2010, 6:41PM - In reply to levi50
Thank you for the compliments!! The photo is a shot of rural area in Southern France. Oh, to dream!

Thank you for your comment on my Dr. Philism. I do love my Philisms, lol!

I love your post!  I agree that Alex is being put through a very tormenting time, and I am saddened that it has been allowed.

A woman who is pregnant must be given every consideration and kindness, and contrary to that, I see Alex is extremely mistreated. I am also worried about her and Baby Tony.  Apparently her pregnancy is not going well, and I can only wonder how much of the hateful criticism on this board from a few tenancious and negative individuals, is affecting her health!

Replied By: rn_jen on May 20, 2010, 2:38AM - In reply to bevjake
So true..... the truth is Alex doesn't fall far from Erin's tree. Parents should first lead by example and Erin's lack of respect in her attitude towards her girls shows greatly in their own attitudes.

Replied By: rn_jen on May 20, 2010, 2:22AM - In reply to belle76
My comment was less directed toward Tony and the appropriateness of him in Alexandra's life. I just wonder if Dr Phil could have gotten farther with Alexandra if Erin had not been piping in and doing running commentary on everything and everyone. She rarely is truly positive and supporting and her manners leave a lot to be desired. It is true that Erin has sacrificed a lot for Alexandra and her children but constantly trying to appear the martyr at Alexandra's expense does not help the situation at all. To use Dr. Phil's phrase, she seems to always be looking for an excuse to throw Alex under the bus one more time. Alex is at an age that she is going to do what she is going to do. Erin can keep pushing Alex away by being hateful to Tony or she can be supportive and compassionate and thereby welcome to be close to the family. In which position does she have the most power?
As for Tony, I am married to a wonderful man who is proof that classes like anger management and parenting skills work. It is possible for men to learn a better way to do things. If Tony is truly working at the classes he has been taking he has the potential to be a fine dad. He needs to take responsibility for any mistakes he has made but he may not have been able to bring himself to that point on national TV under the thumbs of Dr Phil & Erin. I think the two of them could reduce me to quivering jello under a chair in a dark corner.

Replied By: thatimpossible on May 18, 2010, 12:09PM - In reply to chuckie562
I agree wholeheartedly! I would have walked off too after listening to Erin interupt all the time.Who needs a mother like that?

Replied By: thatimpossible on May 18, 2010, 11:58AM
Erin should not be on stage the same time as Alex and Tony.She causes more friction every time she opens her mouth.Her facial expressions are much worse than Alex's.Alex doesn't need any more stress while she's pregnant.That is very dangerous and everyone should back off!!!

Replied By: little_legs on May 17, 2010, 8:55AM
Once again you take Alex to task but not the mother. You allow the mother to make comments that she should be ashamed of making from commenting about how Tony cannot read to them living in a trailer. There is nothing positive that this mother has stated to her daughter and she's very quick to toss her under the bus.

The last time the mother acted like a child - I have to move, I can't sit here. What is she, 3? Then you want to know why she wouldn't want her mother in the delivery room? I can see it now, the poor doctors, Erin not wanting to stand beside Tony during the child birth.

No no no Dr Phil, you have not sat back and been impartial in this. You've taken Erin's side in everything and have not seen the cry for help from Alex with regards to her mom and how her mother treats her - which we all know, behind closed doors I'm sure is not what we see when she knows the cameras are rolling. All smiles and coming off as being innocent in this entire mess. And NOW.. plastic surgery????? Me thinks you've lost the plot here with regards to this issue and I'm quite disappointed in how you have dealt with the mother.

Replied By: dimension70 on May 15, 2010, 6:30AM
My big question in all of this is, doesn't Dr. Phil have a  legal obligation to report suspected abuse to law enforcement/DHR?  I thought health care professionals and teachers are required by law to report suspected abuse.  And there is certainly strong evidence to support suspected abuse in this case.  We have to ask, what is more important, ratings or doing what is ethically correct?  Has the child been examined to rule out other forms of abuse?  I can think of at least a couple of reasons a man (using that term loosely here) would choke a 2 year old little girl.

Replied By: jlgc1961 on May 15, 2010, 5:12AM - In reply to rn_jen
Perfect response!  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's almost as if Dr. Phil is immune to Erin's faults.  He's so sharp and quick, that this is a mystery.

Replied By: jlgc1961 on May 15, 2010, 5:09AM - In reply to peggydi
Perhaps the plastic surgeon could sew Erin's mouth shut. Then, maybe, the girls would have a chance for help from Dr. Phil without her constant interrupting.

Replied By: chuckie562 on May 14, 2010, 3:47PM - In reply to elsielyra
I occasionally watch the Dr. Phil family, and what little I have watched I have a hard time believing and understanding. Erin is a terrible mother. She is self righteous, manipulative and mean-spirited; she is always attacking and criticizing her daughter no matter what she says or does. She never fails to turn an innocent comment Alexandra has made into something negative. She is very disrespectful to Alexandra and her boyfriend on the show. I'm surprised that Dr. Phil hasn't called her out on her behavior. The fact that she is caring for her grandchildren does not give her the right to treat her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend so disrespectfully. The ironic thing is, she  thinks her daughter needs to straighen out her behavior when really she needs the biggest adjustment.

Furthermore, the way she treated Tony over her suspicions was horrible. She declared him guilty of having bruised her granddaughter when there is no proof of such a thing. I do feel horrible for the way in which Tony was treated over the accusation. The very accusation is something that woman is going to  hang onto and drag as far as she can because she has never liked Tony. I hope for the sake of her daughters and grandchildren, that she hasn't always behaved in this manner.

Showing 1-10 of total 1285 Comments