Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 04/14/10) No one wants to wind up in family court, but with over 50 percent of marriages failing, it’s a familiar place for thousands of parents. Dr. Phil shines a light on the American family court system and how often it fails its citizens. Concerned for her 9-month-old son’s safety, Katie pleaded with Judge Robert Lemkau to order supervised visits for her ex, Stephen, who was threatening to kill their son, Wyatt, and then himself. When she was told that the couple should work it out, Katie returned to court on four additional occasions, desperate for someone to believe Wyatt’s life was in danger. Tragically, despite her exhaustive efforts to protect her son, Stephen did exactly as he threatened. Will the judges be held accountable? And, protesters of Judge Lemkau’s re-election want their stories heard -- heartbreaking stories of how they say the family court system failed them. And, one teen speaks out on behalf of kids caught in the middle of custody battles and court rulings. At the hands of an abusive father, she says the court system ignored her pleas for help. Don’t miss this eye-opening show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: alaskanrose on Mar 24, 2012, 12:19PM
We miss you Bianca. I can't stand the devious way you were taken from us. But know because of thousands and thousand of voices being raised up high, you will not be forgotten ever!

After my nervous breakdown, my councilor told me to view her as dead, and to mourn her as a loss given to the dead. I can't! She's not Dead, and She was KIDNAPPED BY CPS!
Currently CPS is a OmniPresent, and Omni-Dictated. We have no one to complain to. It is not under any governmental heading except it's own! They are God! We Cannot Change That? Can WE?
help...

Replied By: alaskanrose on Mar 24, 2012, 12:11PM
I love my family, my two sons, my four daughters. But I have a haunting feeling I have lost something I'll never find again. My Granddaughter was taken by CPS and given to another Lady who basicially runs another program within the domain of CPS. She ruined my life, and to this day, I haven't healed.
We all come to Dr. Phil with Emotional Baggage. It's about time we get to the bottom of the shady way CPS kidnaps children, and dispurses them without warrant. I have documented legal activities and have Parento DeFacto over my Granddaughter, however I haven't seen her in 4 years.

Replied By: anthonyfic on Jul 21, 2011, 10:19PM - In reply to sadangeleyes
cps pulls the strings,their rule book is a secret but seems to contain very few concrete policies,so much of what they do and how they do it is left open to thier own personal interpretation,they self police

Replied By: anthonyfic on Jul 21, 2011, 10:15PM - In reply to haralambie
here in kansas children are assigned adlitum but the courts only source of information is funneled through the filters of the cps agents so if the child is to young or afraid to speak to the adlitum cps speaks more or less for them.Its a terrible system to much power consolidated to the contractors and despite fancieing themselves ass "professionals" they are every bit as failable,misleadable and prone to exercize personal prejudices as any idiot off the street

Replied By: stxturtle on Jun 1, 2011, 5:04PM - In reply to susang45
I am responding to the previous msg.
I myself have had many many confrontations w/ CPS.
not because my girl got taken but because We are foster
parents, Even though We are foster parents there are MANY MANY things
that both my hubby and I disagree with.  The entire "system"
needs alot of work a complete overhall to be exact! 

I would like the  oppertunity to disuss this further... as our story is quiet long...
some of U reading this board are probably asking if we are in disgust w/
CPS and their corruption why we are foster parents well the answer is simple
so that we can someday make a diffrence and by having first hand info we can move forth
overhalling this corrupted system. nothing more or less. some poeple look down on foster parents as they make comments that we are in it for the monies well LOL there in NO monies to be made
and if there is where and how... because in all seriousness the monies that foster families get in
next to nothing  it is basically a refund of the monies the familes {foster} have already spend on someone else kids... sry if it sounds bad but that is the truth... At least I know that we arent in it
for that reason we are in it to make a diffrene plus we want to give a child  a forever family like they very well deserve IF and only IF it is at all possible for them to go back "home" 

Replied By: susang45 on Jun 1, 2011, 7:38AM
Dr Phil
The corruption in CPS stems from the Safe Adoption and Families Act oof 1997.  This law gives states federal money for every child they take AWAY from family.  They are paid NOTHING if the child is adopted by relatives even a distant cousin. They get paid MORE if the chil is put onmedication.  All states have a family first law but they are not followed.  State attorney's at trials will instruct the jury to disregard the law and give the state the ability to by pass it,  The jury does not have the RIGHT to wave any law or constitutional right yet 99 percent of people do not realize it.  The thought is a state attorney is telling me this so I must be able to do it .  Most judges DO NOT object or correctly inform the jury that they do not have that power.  Also you have to use CPS doctors.  As soon as a CPs case is opened they will normally seal all doctor records.  Meaning that since the state now has custody they lock down records so you can not DISPROVE the allegations.  The records are not releaed until AFTER a termination hearing.  This is a VIOLATION of the HIPPA laws yet time and time again it happens.  People will not stand up because they are scared.  There is NO absolutely NO place for these people to complain.  Everyone sends someone to Consumer Affairs which in turn sends a form letter to CPS asking if the allegation is true once the cae worker responds no case closed end of investigation.

Replied By: pamb82410 on Feb 20, 2011, 10:25AM - In reply to nicedad
YES!!! The current patriarchal family court system blames the battered woman when she alleges abuse and neglect.  The court believes the allegations are a strategy to gain custody because the battered woman is vindictive.  It is essential to expose the real truth and source of the problem.  It is the batterer, the sociopath, the sexual pedophile, the child abusing father who uses the children to gain child custody in the family court system. 

My children and I are only beginning to heal after going through this experience which began in 1987.  They have been so brainwashed and terrorized that they could not talk about this experience until now. Instead, they took their pain out on the safe parent, myself.  The current 'family court system' has no idea how much pain and damage they are causing by revictimizing the abused mother and children rather than holding the pathological father accountaable. 

Replied By: glinda89 on Feb 16, 2011, 3:42PM
I have two friends that are about to go into a divorce right now.  I'm really worried about how this well work out, frankly.  The mother is very nice and she will be provide a good financial basis for their son, but I do not think she'll have the best approach to raising the child.  The father is great with the child, but he tends to let things slide and he's basically the reason for the divorse.  I'm just really worried about it.

Replied By: damaci3 on Feb 14, 2011, 6:24AM
I feel for all of these families. My story is the same as the family courts in Columbiana County, Ohio have given custody of my daughter to a man that molested my son from a previous marriage.  I witnessed one instance of  this molestation and was 7 1/2 months pregnant at this point, I left.  He had been fighting me for custody until she was five years old and the courts gave him custody.  I have been trying to regain custody as she is 11 years old now.  I don't see how family courts, GAL's, and CPS can rightfully give custody to this person as they know he has done this to his first three children from a previous marriage.  He has since had another child after I had left who he doesn't even see.  My question is what makes my daughter so special, why does he want her so much but not his other children. I have gone through two magistrates and many attorneys, several counselors, many court proceedings, my question is what is up with family courts.  What is it going to take for them to listen?  But I also have to report my ex's brother has been in prison for child molestation and isn't allowed around children but he takes my daughter around him and I have reported  this to the courts and they don't do anything about it.  He also has a cousin who has been in prison for rape.  Where is the justice.

Replied By: nicedad on Nov 15, 2010, 12:02PM
When will you do a show featuring the number of women who have been alienated from their children by the father?

Parental Alienation Syndrome or Disorder is a real problem for mothers and many fathers have gotten away with lying, making false allegations of abuse against moms just to win custody.

Showing 1-10 of total 1091 Comments