Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 03/03/10) Dr. Phil examines a heartbreaking story first introduced in a show about missing mother Susan Powell. John’s daughter, Kimberly, went missing in 1996, and he believes her husband, Mike, had something to do with it. Soon after Kimberly vanished, Mike took their two little girls and disappeared, leaving John to search for his daughter and desperately miss his 2- and 3-year-old granddaughters. Hear where Mike reappeared seven years later, and the chilling details that have John convinced that Mike’s a guilty party in Kimberly’s presumed death. Plus, learn why he believes his granddaughters may have witnessed their mother's final moments. Dr. Phil meets the girls, now 15 and 16. What do they remember? Do they think their father is guilty? Don’t miss this family’s touching reunion! Plus, meet the woman who raised the girls and hear what she says Mike told her about his first wife … before another horrible tragedy took place. Can these guests recover from their shocking history and heal as a family?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: DrPhilBoard1 on Jul 30, 2010, 3:28PM
The Dr. Phil Community will be undergoing maintenance tonight between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. PST. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Replied By: donnamurf on Jul 28, 2010, 10:02PM - In reply to mhuffman
This show touched me to the bone.  I was a stepmother to 3 beautiful boys and was great friends with their mom.  They were 2, 4 and 6 when we married, but we divorced shortly after (he was majorly abusive). These boys continued to be in my lives and still are (they are now 18, 20, 22).   This mother treated the girls like her own and they were drawn to her.  Good for her for showering these girls with love and respect and continuing on even after her family was torn apart by the circumstances.  BRAVO to this amazing woman.  I feel proud to be a stepmom that is still in touch with her "kids."

Replied By: mandara10 on Jul 28, 2010, 10:34AM - In reply to gigiwalt
I think it is wonderful that these girls have her to call MOM.  What else can they do - they were babies. Thank God, she raised them and gave them love.  They are fortunate to have them and it didn't seem to me that they forgot their mom at all.

Replied By: mandara10 on Jul 28, 2010, 10:32AM - In reply to sutureself
I actually couldn't sleep last night thinking about this show. I cried and tossed and turned.   I am someone who prays for all those muredered every day (particularly children) and let's face it, the mom of these beautiful girls was no more than a girl herself.  I am terribly sad. 
My comment is when the little girl told her aunt that "mommy is in a hole with water" why didn't someone look in the area for surrounding wells?   I mean that would be my first thought. 
This story brings to light the fact that many many women are killed at the hands of their significant partners.  I read about it every day.  I wish I could do more than pray to stop this madness.  My deepest, deepest sympathies to everyone including Becky who lost her beautiful little boy.

Replied By: lanna89 on Jul 27, 2010, 2:56PM
Cases like this drive me crazy.The police probably suspected he murderd his first wife.Why did they let the case go cold and not keep investigating?He got away with murder and an innocent baby was killed.What a monster.This case should have been agressively investigated until either he confessed or his wifes body was found.I am SO tired of abused women being murdered in cold blood and then being practically forgotten.I am SO tired to the public blaming the victim of abuse and blaming them for not leaving sooner.Don't they understand that victims of abuse who leave are the ones most likely to be killed?That leaving is not as easy as it sounds.That most victims of abuse blame themselves due to their abusers emotional manipulation.

If you are an abused woman PLEASE call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.There is help out there for you.Please have a safety plan until you are ready to leave.Go to www.BrokenSpirits.com. You can learn how to make one at that site.You are NOT alone.Do not wait until you are murdered or your children are murdered to get help.You do not have to live with abuse.There is a better life waiting for you.

Lanna

Replied By: gigiwalt on Jul 27, 2010, 7:54AM - In reply to hpmx59
what????

Replied By: gigiwalt on Jul 27, 2010, 7:52AM
I'm a lot put off by the Missing Mom's daughters calling the 2nd wife 'Mom'.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Everyone on this show acts like the Missing Mom is of no consequence to the daughters.  I'm a mom and it breaks my heart that my daughters might go through something like this...and then after all those years barely remember me and have no one trying to keep my memory alive for them! I don't get it...

Replied By: jetaunedrake on Jul 25, 2010, 2:19PM
Dr. Phil, I have a friend I have known for a long time, since the early eighties.  Her mother was reported missing decades ago and the case has never been worked on, she is just missing.  We have no leads they would say and just put them off like on permanent hold.  But people don't disappear into thin air and nobody saw a thing.  They are not and have not tried to find her mother

Replied By: hpmx59 on Jul 24, 2010, 4:53PM
Doctor Missing Mom Phil/Robin. I hope that Robin is not missing at all. See you on July 27th, 2010 Tuesd-- ay. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replied By: ceguestnoyes on Mar 13, 2010, 10:30PM
I sat here tonight reading through all the comments left by everyone...Kimmy's Mom Lori is my best friend...My heart breaks for her and Paul, the boy's (Kimmy's brother's) Kindra, John and everyone else in this family that needs answers...They need Marissa and Neeka in there life...They need to be able to find Kimmy and put her to rest....Dr. Phil, please, whatever you do...DON'T give up on this case until Kimmy is found..In my heart I believe that God has placed you in this family's life to give them the answers they so desperately need....You have a way with people so I believe that you will be God's tool to get Mike to open up, and allow this family to really start healing.   Thank you for having the girl's out there to see there grandpa, and there Aunt Kindra...and if you can make it possible for Lori and the boy's..Joe, Kevin, and Kyler to see the girl's also...I want to see Lori smile again, the one that comes from the deepest part of her soul...and it's been a long time coming.

Showing 1-10 of total 62 Comments