Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 02/25/10 Do you know someone who makes big mistakes over and over? Dr. Phil gives his guests the wake-up call they desperately need to stop repeating their destructive behavior. First up, Jessica admits that she is a chronic speeder and has been stopped for pushing the pedal to the metal over 60 times in the past three years. Is Jessica on a collision course with death, or is she ready to hit the brakes? Then, Loretta is obsessed with plastic surgery. She's 38 and has had more than seven procedures -- everything from Botox to breast implants -- and wants more! Her husband, Shawn, says he doesn't want his wife to look like a "freak," but is he contributing to her problem? Can Loretta break her obsession with beauty before she's scarred for life? And, Victoria says she is compelled to shop. She has over 100 pair of shoes, thousands of CDs and 25 bathing suits. She's gone into debt as much as $50,000 and paid it off, but now she she's worried she'll end up in the same hole. What's behind her compulsion to charge?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: br549bb on Feb 25, 2010, 1:38PM
Yes, the blame falls on the mother and the daughter.  BUT, what about the police/sheriff dept./state troopers/court system in New Jersey who FAILED to     (1) suspend/revoke her license, (2) send her to jail as a repeat offender, driving without a license/suspended.  Does New Jersey not have a point system?  Anywhere else they would have put the daughter UNDER the jail and thrown away the key.  I am so glad I don't live in New Jersey.  Even a state as backward as Alabama has a point system and YOU WILL go to jail, do not pass go, with THREE #3 tickets in ONE week.  Wake up New Jersey!

Replied By: cutie26 on Feb 25, 2010, 1:36PM
wow.... This girl seems out of control and if she really has had over 60 speeding tickets I seriously do not think there is anyway possible she could be driving legal, so yes she needs to get her license and keys pulled from her forever..... before she kills someone or herself. Like other ppl had said on some of the comments the parents must be loaded to pay for her tickets and really what kind of mother or father would let their child to get in the car over and over again and keep making the same mistakes. She sounds like a spoiled person and a total check needs to grow up and needs a reality check driving should be something u earn not something to take advantage of, and that is what she totally is doing... So for her sake and her family's sake I hope she learns her lesson and stops speeding or one of these days her parents may get a call from the police saying ur daughter has been killed in a car accident...

Replied By: deliriousmom75 on Feb 25, 2010, 1:33PM
I don't believe Jessica really understand the harm she can cause. She & her mother need a slap in the face...I am one of the parents Dr. Phil mentioned that has children playing, whose ball my go into the road. If she came flying over our hill at 70 mph, my son would be gone and I would be crushed. All because she didn't have enough patience to slow down...because her life and agenda was so much more important t the time than the life she may potentially take. She should be riding the bus. Her mother is equally guilty because she pays the fines and allows her to continue driving.

Replied By: daabs126 on Feb 25, 2010, 1:29PM
DR.PHIL WATCHING YOUR SHOW TODAY WAS VERY UPSETTING TO ME. MY SON WAS IN A CAR WITH 4 OTHER PEOPLE AND THE DRIVER WAS DOING 95 MILES AN HOUR .MY SON WAS EJECTED FROM THE CAR AND THROWN 60  FT. INTO THE AIR. WHEN WE WERE CALLED TO THE HOSPITAL WE WERE TOLD THEY WERE TRYNG TO SAVE OUR SONS LIFE. HE WAS PUT ON LIFE SUPPORT AND THAY WANTED US TO LET HIM GO BEACAUSE HE WOULD LIVE IN A VEGETATED STATE .WE CHOSE TO LEAVE HIM ON LIFE SUPPORT.HE LAYED IN A COMA FOR 4 MONTHS FINALLY WOKE UP AND ITS A LONG STORY FROM THERE. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING

Replied By: angeltx on Feb 25, 2010, 1:21PM
Jessica is literally me in the future, i have road-rage and speed without even thinking, I catch myself and slow down but thats no excuse for me. Luckly i have had no accidents, no by the grace of GOD i have had no accidents. Seeing that mother cry for her babies i would die if i did that to someone else. Im doing it today, i have sped for the last time, if i cant stop i WONT drive.

Replied By: bhemsath on Feb 25, 2010, 1:10PM
Get this girl off the road   too many innocent people are on the road. She says she gets upset  well I say go ahead and upset her take her car away better yet take her licence away she needs help her attitude is unreal. 

Replied By: youmustgetreal on Feb 25, 2010, 1:05PM - In reply to amandak44
You are so right! WHAT GIVES HER THE RIGHT TO SPEED! But she will never change! She will always drive this way. Her driving privileges should be taken away permanently. The NJ court system should do NJ a favor and not let her DRIVE!!!

Replied By: shorelady on Feb 25, 2010, 12:58PM
As if the TV show "Jersey Shore" isn't embarrassing enough to this state, we now have these two out-of-touch with reality mother and daughter duo.  Unfortunately the mother is as dense as the daughter and with their dim-witted looks, most likely have not learned anything.

Jessica, there is a "points" system in NJ.  Do you actually have a legal license in the state?  Just 3 of your "way over the speed limit" stops would have necessitated suspension of your license.  There is only so many times you can talk yourself out of something.  I also read your post here and how unhappy you were in the way you were portrayed.  What did you expect?  Only a moron would act so irresponsibly and have a parent who condones and obviously encourages such behavior.  Don't expect applause because you haven't been stopped since December.  You are only doing something any conscientious driver would do and that is obey the law.  How old are you and why is Mommy footing the bill for your negligent behavior?

And your "I've haven't hurt anybody" attitude is despicable.  Why not add "I haven't hurt anybody...YET!  But would that even matter to you anyway?

Replied By: streak2 on Feb 25, 2010, 12:53PM - In reply to lynx568
With the corrupt municipal and goverment officals the only way anything in NJ gets anything done,something very serious has to happen.( corzine?)

Replied By: youmustgetreal on Feb 25, 2010, 12:51PM
That  selfish driving girl named Jessica got me so very angry that I had to register on Dr. Phil's to speak my  mind!  How selfish of her to even think she has a right to drive! She does not! Her driving privileges should have been taken away after her 5th traffic violation took place NOT THE 60TH!!!  Driving is NOT a RIGHT, IT IS A PRIVILEGE!!!How selfish of her to even be behind the wheel of a car!! I am so very angry!!!  And what makes matters worse is this selfish kid drives in New Jersey, the very same state I live in and am raising a family in! THAT'S JUST GREAT!!!
I have seen horrible things happen with cars. I saw a man get mangled under a car, I saw another person in a pool of blood under a sheet because they were speeding. Their car was upside down in flames!!! I am not lying!!
I don't like this girl at all! Her Mother is an enabler! Her mother should have taken the car keys and car away from her a long long time ago!!!!!!!
Bravo to Dr.Phil for doing that mock court room questioning. It made a lot of sense!
I hope this girl gets her license taken away permanently because she will never be rehabilitated!!! SHE IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!!!

Showing 81-90 of total 110 Comments