Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

Alexandra recently revealed she is pregnant with her boyfriend, Tony's, child. Despite the news and a pending divorce, Alex's soon-to-be ex-husband, Chris, has been calling and texting her, and he even sent her flowers with a love note she refused to open. Dr. Phil sits down with Chris to tell him that Alex is no longer in love with him, and during their conversation, Alex makes a surprise visit. Chris' emotions get the best of him and he acts out. Next, Dr. Phil offers Alex advice for dealing with an ex who still has feelings for her. Then, Chris opens up and shares why he believes Alex is hiding her love for him. You won't believe some of things he says and does. And, the family admits their biggest mistakes, and discusses the progress they've made and what they're still working to change. Join the discussion.

Alex shares her thoughts about finalizing her divorce. Read her blog.
Erin opens up about an addiction she faces. Read her candid thoughts on her blog.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: renierzz on Jan 13, 2011, 4:29PM
The first thing I would like to ask at Alexandra.

(I hope you all can understand what i'm trying to say in my best english.)

I read that you were pregnant at an age of 14, how much time was there between your first boyfriend, who you carried a child from and chris? and the next question would be how much time was there between Chris and Tony.
I saw the show on Tv here in belgium, and i was thinking different than Dr. Phil. because i would find it very hard if these guys were just the right guys at the right time and place. During the show Chris says that you went to him in the morning, you denied that .. One of you is definatly not telling the truth. When Dr. Phil asked you if u still loved Chris you hesitated and then you told him straight that your relation with Chris was over. I think that you can't say something or make a decission like that when there is a lot of pressure on your shoulders, And when you already found another man who you're having a relationship with.
My advice for Alexandra would be to NOT have a boyfriend or husband at this moment. get divorced with Chris so he doesn't have to be responsible for the child that you have with Tony I would say that she needs to give her feelings some time to heal. The best solution would be to not have any contact with any of your partners, and give yourself and your feelings some time. Time will tell who the man is that you still love. though I think this is not possible, was just trying to make my point here.
And from that point you can restart the progress. The progress of begin a family.
Kind Regards from Belgium, RenierZz
I think

Replied By: neveresaynever on Jun 28, 2010, 12:09AM
I have watched this saga unfold for some time now and still feel as sad as I did when I first began watching. Dr Phil appears to be the only person focusing on the welfare of Alexandra's children.
One thing I have noticed is that everyone in the family appears to see themselves as victims so if any wrong has been perpetrated, it is always someone else's fault.

This family is tragically dysfunctional and yet they all seem to be reaching out in the dark for some magical fix. The problem is that they all seem to want someone else to 'get fixed'. There is no ownership of issues, problems, behaviour or situations. It all appears to be a case of who is wrong rather than what is wrong.

If I could say something to everyone in the family, it would be to start being accountable for everything which has led to the present situation. Stop blaming people. If you feel the need to blame, blame '  situations ' which may have led to the current stalemate. Each one of you needs to stop feeling angry because you feel wronged and begin to see that you are simply a family who has lost their way and merely needs a common path to reconciliation.

I believe we all operate within our own comfort zones. Sadly we sometimes lose track of who and what we are so we spend time in a self destructive comfort zone based on self imposed suffering.
My concern is that unless all of you start being honest with yourselves and rebuild your family, it will implode.

Replied By: blkmousp on Mar 5, 2010, 7:04PM - In reply to nipermagoo
you are in pain over Alex...perhaps because you still love her no matter what, or you are just not ready to give up on the relationship, or whatever.

Chris, she is through with you as far as a romantic connection.  she could not help herself from flirting with you, leading you on a little,; she senses your vulnerability and used it to try to to "keep you around" for her ego and just in case she might need you for some selfish reason...she wants to keep a few fangs buried inside you.

Please, Chris...be a good father and let all the rest go.  You are so hurt, that you are like an open wound and Alex will use that against you.

No matter how tempting (TEMPTRESS!) she might turn into from time to time, do NOT be taken in and do NOT believe her.

You'll go through this grieving period, and then you'll be free of it and her.  It would be dangerous for you to ever get caught in Alex's WEB ever again.

Judy

Replied By: blkmousp on Mar 5, 2010, 4:04PM - In reply to marianparoo
IN PEOPLE OF THE LIE:
(PARAPHRASED)
WHEN PARENTS COME TO HIS OFFICE WITH A CHILD THEY IDENTIFY AS "THE PATIENT" , PECK FIRST LOOKS AT THE FAMILY AS A WHOLE TO SEE WHAT DYSFUNCTIONAL THE CHILD IS PROBABLY "ACTING OUT"

WHEN HE TELLS SOME PARENTS THIS, AND  THEY ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO LOOK AT ANY OF THEIR OWN BEHAVIORS BUT INSIST THAT IT'S THE "IDENTIFIED PATIENT" CAUSING ALL THE PROBLEMS, HE SUSPECTS HE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO WORK WITH THE FAMILY.

i DON'T BLAME ERIN AND MARTY, YET I DON'T BELIEVE THEIR DAUGHTERS HAVE A PRAYER OF GETTING HONEST AND LOOKING AT THEMSELVES UNLESS THEIR PARENTS DO IT FIRST; THEN THE PARENTS WILL BE ROLE MODELS NO MATTER  WHAT THEIR CHILDREN DO.

AT LEAST THEY CAN BE POSITIVE ROLE MODELS FOR THEIR GRANDCHILDREN.
jUDY  

Replied By: blkmousp on Mar 5, 2010, 3:45PM - In reply to kathleen27
so very offensive to say about one's spouse, especially to your children., whose father is being spoken of in this manner...and they are 1/2 their father's genes.

If someone felt that way when they married, or somewhere along the way you begin to feel it...then work it out or leave.

But don't lay it on your children.

Judy 

Replied By: blkmousp on Mar 5, 2010, 12:04PM - In reply to ocha49
i  AGREE IN GENERAL ABOUT THE 'GIFTS" : THEY HAVE MOSTLY REWARDED BAD BEHAVIOR BUT THEY DIDN'T START OUT THAT WAY.   A GOOD IDEA THAT TURNED BAD AS THE STORY LENGTHENED.

THE 'GAS CARDS' SENT ME OVER THE EDGE OF RIDICULOUS AND COUNTER-PRODUCTIVITY.

YET I'M MAKING AN EXCEPTION FOR ERIN BEING GIVEN A TRAINER.  SHE IS RAISING TWO GRANDCHILREN AND ALTHOUGH WE ALL 'WOULD' DO IT, SHE 'IS' DOING IT.  I THINK SHE DESERVES THIS GIFT AND THAT IT WILL HELP HER, NOT ENABLE HER.

JUDY

Replied By: blkmousp on Mar 5, 2010, 11:51AM - In reply to jamle3o83
LOVE THE USE OF THE PHRASE: PISSING CONTEST.

EXPLAINS WHAT IS GOING ON LIKE NOTHING ELSE REALLY CAN.  AND PUTS IT IN PERSPECTIVE AS NOT EVEN SERIOUS, JUST TWO PEOPLE WITH A DETERMINATION TO WIN AT ALL COSTS.

I DISAGREE WITH YOUR VERSION OF DP'S INVOLVEMENT:  I BELIEVE HE HAS JOINED INTO THE PISSING CONTEST WITH THEM.

JUDY

Replied By: blkmousp on Mar 5, 2010, 11:48AM
DON'T THINK DR. PHIL really ADDRESSED THIS?
CHRIS SAID SHE CAME TO HIS HOTEL ROOM; ALEX DENIED IT.

JUST LOOKING AT ALEX'S NON-VERBAL CUES, I'D SAY THAT SHE DID. I  DON'T BELIEVE ANY THING SEXUAL HAPPENED BETWEEN THEM,  BUT  SHE KNOWS THAT ANY LITTLE PERSONAL COME-ON WILL "HOOK" THE VULNERABLE CHRIS.

AND I THINK SHE DID PLENTY OF THAT. 

SO LOOK AT HER FACE DURING THIS DISCUSSION:  THE CAT THAT ATE THE CANARY.

JUDY 

Replied By: jamle3o83 on Mar 1, 2010, 2:15PM
I think that this whole family is addicted to drama and Katherine and Alexandra are in a pissing contest to see who can screw up the worst and get the most attention. God bless Dr. Phil for trying to help these people, but just like any other addict, I believe that these two girls need to hit their bottom before they'll get a clue and stop making the same stupid mistakes. These girls are so arrogant and entitled, I would have kicked their a$$es to the curb 5 years ago.

Replied By: metalman_too on Mar 1, 2010, 9:21AM - In reply to momisme2
The reason I used the word bonded together is that when two people want, need or desire a relationship of any sort that's a choice. As I attempt to word my posts using what I went through I'm hopefully sharing what I believe I learned. My wife and I started our relationship with sex which would seems to me the majority of relationships start with. So as a male, not only with my wife but also other females I liked the sex and wanted secure that for my own personal; wants, needs and desires. That was my choice which I was responsible for even though the female choice was also to fill their wants, needs and desires too. But when children enter the picture males and females are no longer together my their individual choices. Children bond them together yet individual choices never got to the point a commitment to be responsible and accountable were never considered by the individuals. Divorce ended the relationship made by choice whereas death ended the the relationship bonded together with children. The reason I bring this up is that with my daughter I knew I was responsible and accountable for her direction and well-being because her behavior was a hell of a lot worse than the Dr. Phil's family ever could possibly be. But I also realized then that my mistake was enabling my wife's controlling and manipulating behavior by buying into the sex instead of her as a person. She did what was natural for her own personal survival which I see all females doing. Even in the animal world I think this same pattern goes on as I'll see shows where male animals earn their role with females. To me it's naturally the same with humans but we have reasoning which animals don't have. If my wife wouldn't have been controlling and manipulating I wouldn't have changed. It was my daughter that was trying to kill herself that forced me to decide to change. That's where the hindsight came in. I didn't know about earning my wife's trust and respect when I made my choices in our relationships. Instead of my strength she got my weakness because she was controlling and manipulating me. Her anger and frustration was no different than the female's anger and frustration in the Dr. Phil family. Females wanted to feel secure with those in their life but got conflict. So in a round about way I had hoped to share an understanding of what I felt were the mistakes I made that seem common to me in all types of relationships. Relationships are either controlling and manipulating or earning each other trust and respect. Once I understood that I do detest the controlling and manipulating behavior in either gender. I know I believe it's natural for a female but when a male tries to control or manipulate me I come completely unglued. That's not a natural male role and I don't hold back from letting my feelings known about it.

Showing 1-10 of total 1067 Comments