Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 02/29/10) One of the most asked about guests of the Dr. Phil show returns! Six years ago, Brandon was addicted to drugs, and his parents feared he’d die at any time. Dr. Phil and Brandon’s family performed one of the first interventions on national television. Since then, Brandon has experienced many ups and downs during his addiction recovery, including multiple relapses and jail time, but you won’t believe Brandon now! Then, a desperate family turns to Dr. Phil to save their 20-year-old daughter, Karli, who’s addicted to heroin and OxyContin. She’s suffered seizures and has overdosed and relapsed many times. Will Karli, who says “pretty much all of Orange County” does drugs, realize she has a problem before it’s too late?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sherricuts2006 on Nov 23, 2012, 10:21AM - In reply to dmcnallynana
Just watched the mother and son team who are now helping others suffering from addiction... My son Tyler who is 25 has been addicted for 6 years... The stories I've read on there website and dr. Phil's is sad... And the help for all of these addicts is impossible. We have been trying for many years, with no HELP at all. There is no HELP for the uninsured. He has went to detox a few times and lasted a few days but they do not cater to people with eating disorders, so he would be starving at the same time as he was withdrawing, just eating saltine crackers and ketchup... ( one worker there promised him that she would bring him a cup of soup for days, but she would never bring it.) so he would finally leave because he was litteraly starving, so here we have a HEROIN ADDICT WITH A EATING DISORDER ( that he has had since he was 3... Texture of food makes him throw up. The many doctors he has seen through the years all said he will out grow out of this, but he hasn't .) Then we come to the recovery house, that has a 6 to 8 week waiting list. After his last detox at HOOPER HOUSE IN PORTLAND OREGON, they set him up with a recovery house in Tigard... He called everyday, I called everyday, talking with Annie , telling her he just came from detox, almost a week clean, he was finally ready to enter for a 90 day program.. 5 weeks later on a Friday , we talked to Annie , she says there's 2 boys leaving... Will have a bed by next week.. Call on Monday... We called on Monday and was told Annie doesn't work here anymore, and Shannon the lady taking over for Annie said that Tyler was in the wrong county, we can't help you.. After all that time of waiting and hoping for this program, and being told another 6 to 8 week wait in Gresham... He started using again......his body is shutting down from his not eating right and his cough he has is getting worse.
I know there are so many stories of people going through this addiction, but Tyler has an extra problem that has to be HELPED...
There just is no HELP ......PLEASE HELP TYLER T... He is ready for HELP...
Thank you,
Sherri T
I watch your show everyday and see you helping other addicts including Brandon and his mom Kim Knaus... Maybe you can help my son, and we can start helping other addicts in this town...we can be the mother /son team here....I know it would be a miracle if you call... But all we have is hope for a miracle .

Replied By: alphiemartinez on Jul 27, 2011, 2:10PM
I just want to thank you for the work you and your Mother are doing to help other addicts get well. May God Bless you both.

Replied By: alphiemartinez on Jul 27, 2011, 2:04PM
I just want to thank you for the work you and your Mother are doing to help other addicts get well. May God Bless you both.

Replied By: feliciamcleain on Nov 22, 2010, 6:58PM - In reply to jng131
BRANDON, PLEASE KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING SO MANY PEOPLE NEED SUPPORTER'S LIKE YOU I AM VERY PROUD TO SEE ANOTHER LIFE SAVED!!!!!!!

Replied By: jng131 on Sep 16, 2010, 4:54PM
I am very proud of Brandon and his family. They are doing amazing things for people. I have GREAT RESPECT for them. They have had a huge impact on my life.

Replied By: Debbie_Knauss on Sep 8, 2010, 11:52AM - In reply to dmcnallynana
Yes. Go online www.viprecovery.com
All of the contact information is there.

Replied By: Debbie_Knauss on Sep 8, 2010, 11:43AM - In reply to cortesfamily1
I am so sorry that you have experienced a mother's worst pain.  At the time Brandon went to jail, it was the worst pain I had experienced, next to my own mother's death.  I was talking from my personal experience at the time.    I can't imagine the pain you described. 
I pray that you find comfort and peace in some way.
Debbie Knauss (Brandon's Mother)

Replied By: grandmab47 on Aug 27, 2010, 3:04AM
Tonight, when I first heard Dr. Phil say Brandon would be on the show, I got a lump in my throat. I thought he was going to say he was in trouble again. He didn't !  He said he was four years clean and doing great. I "welled up" with tears. I am a 62 yr old grandma, and I just love Brandon. I am so proud of him. I wish him the best of everything. He is such a handsome and special young man. Please give him my love and prayers....... 

Replied By: faithann on Aug 26, 2010, 9:14PM
i applaud and admire Brandon for doing what he needed to do to go down the path of sobriety! my daughter is and addict & doing time in state prison. she is 22 yrs old, and disabled due to a near fatal accident in which the driver was was high on drugs and flipped his vehicle 6 times, pinning my daughter who was also high at the time! he tried to leave her there but was caught! she was lifeflighted to a hospital 2 hours away and put on life support! she spent 6 mos in the hospital. she had 7 broken ribs, her liver was ripped in half, her spleen was damaged, her lung was collapsed, her stomach was damaged as well as her heart! she had liver failure, kidney failure, multiple surgeries, feeding tube, drainage tubes, death x2 and saved, pneumonia, drug induced coma, tracheotomy, a stroke and finally opn-heart surgery to remove a clot! THIS did not stop her from doing drugs once she came home! she did a down ward spiral! she sent narcotics to a boryfriend in prison through the postal system and was eventually charged with the crime! she begged me to get her out of it, which i could not and would not do! i had to let her make that fall in order to make her see that this is NOT the life she is supposed to live! i hope and pray that this will make her see that she cannot do this to herself and her family and take the steps necessary to become sober and happy! i commend Brian for taking the steps to save his own life and now saving the lives of others! A TRUE INSPIRATION!

Replied By: alishadawn143 on Aug 26, 2010, 4:01PM
I am so sick of drugs, legal or not! I am 26 and I am battling to save my mother's life from her addiction to oxycotin. She is shooting it. I do not know what to do. I have done everything within my power and I am now at a dead end. Dr. Phil, if at all possible, will you PLEASE help me!?

Showing 1-10 of total 130 Comments