Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

(Original Air Date: 01/06/10) Is your partner perfect except for one habit that drives you absolutely crazy? Kathy says she’s tired of being her husband, Jeff’s, personal maid. She says he comes home from work and drops his clothes everywhere, except the laundry basket. Jeff says he works hard all day, so it’s Kathy’s job to clean up after him. Will the helpless hubby get a wake-up call? Then, Davin says his wife, Allison's, love for iced vanilla lattes is sending them to the poorhouse. He says she’s spent more than $5,500 at Starbucks over the past two years. Allison says she deserves her "mommy treat" and says that Davin spends just as much money on fast food. Will the couple learn to negotiate? And, Dr. Phil chats with Ed Begley Jr. and his wife, Rachelle, stars of the reality series Living with Ed. The couple has been married for nine years, and they say they battle over his love for the planet and her love for the good life. Can they reach a compromise? Plus, Dancing with the Stars newlyweds Edyta and Alec reveal their biggest issue.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: fromthesquare on Jun 24, 2010, 8:01PM
My husband refuses to take off his work boots when he comes home from work. (First of all he is an engineer- Why the heck does he need "work boots" to sit at a desk looking at blue prints?)  The wooden staircase leading to the bedrooms need to be constantly swept by- guess who?  The kids and I take off our shoes when we walk in the house. 20 years of marriage and it is the d@#n boots that are driving me nuts!

Otherwise happily married- Kathy!

Replied By: murb32 on Jun 17, 2010, 7:19AM
My husband pees on the toilet....drives me crazy! Sit down to pee!!!! Is that so hard to understand!!!! Silly but annoying.

Replied By: sshawnbl007 on Jun 16, 2010, 11:37PM
Your a pretty good Dancer D.P. So is Robin

Replied By: blondie41 on Jun 16, 2010, 9:45PM
I'LL GIVE YOU MY SOLOUTION TO THIS!!!

ANYTHING YOU FIND ON THE FLOOR OR PLACES IT SHOULD NOT BE, TAKE IT & PUT IN A PLASTIC BAG & WHEN FULL DONATE ALL OF IT TO GOODWILL!  THAT SHOULD MAKE HIM THINK BEFORE HE THOWS IT ON THE FLOOR!  THERE IS NO REASON FOR LAZINESS!

Replied By: cclaudia on Jun 16, 2010, 5:39PM
As a mother I am pained that the twins are being kept from their biological parents. It seems to me if anyone has a mental problem it is the woman who agreed to be a surrogate. She obviously is emotionally unstable. It was wierd when she and her husband said the twins were theirs since they had now bonded with them. Can someone help the poor biological parents with their legal difficulties?Their only fault is trusting someone.

Replied By: dj_johnson36 on Jun 16, 2010, 4:17PM
Dr Phil..... I am so tired of hearing how stay at home Moms have it so tough!  I was a stay at home Mom for 5 years with my 2 boys who are 12 months apart and I didnt find it so difficult.  I had time to go for walks, visit with friends and their kids and host get togethers with other Moms and tots.  I found it alot harder once they were in school and I went back to work  full time AND doing all the household cooking, cleaning, laundry and shuttling the kids to their activities.  What is wrong with todays Mothers?

Replied By: honeybell13 on Jun 16, 2010, 4:01PM
I was very surprised at the recommendation for surgery to the couple experiencing difficulty with the husband's snoring. His snoring could be a symptom of a serious conditions called Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) or Sleep Disordered Breathing. This man needs referred to his physician for a complete sleep study. Sleep Apnea is a contributing factor to diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular issues and obesity.
I lost my husband 4 years ago to untreated sleep apnea. He was diagnosed but refused to wear his cpap because it was "uncomfortable." This was two days before Christmas. I had fallen asleep on the couch watching tv and found him the next morning. He had a heart attack in his sleep. The constant cycle of not breathing and no circulation, then his heart working harder to get back into sync took its toll.
I plead to everyone out there who knows someone who snores to see their physician before it is too late. If you have equipment, use it.  If it has been awhile since you used it , contact the company that supplied it and ask them to show you new masks and supplies available. Don't stop until you get satisfaction.

Replied By: nlboese on Jun 16, 2010, 3:31PM
Dear Dr. Phil,
My husband and I have been married for twenty-six years.  We love and care for each other very much.  Yes, life is not perfect and it never will be.  We were just wondering today is there anyone out there that has a good relationship?
We have been through a lot together.  I came from a poor family, yet we ate, had shelter, grew up and went on.  it was not the perfect family, dysfunctional to say the least, and we understood the mental sickness of parents and some family.  Yet, we survived and lived.
I married and had two children with my first husband.  I left it knowing in the end it was the right thing to do for myself and my children ages 11 and 8.  I knew we had to survive and did it through a job change, walking to work and paying my bills.  It by no means was perfect.  Yet we survived.
I met my current husband, who took me and my children for better or worse and believe me we had both.  We had two children, of our own,  who were raised in a way where both parents agreed on how they should be raised.  They are both are hard working, loving children.  All our children and grandchildren bring us great joy and satisfaction.  No they are not perfect and yes some of them struggle, yet we survive and care for one another.
My husband is a dairy farmer.  Some say oh that's an easy job, however, I say not so.  He is a mentor to his son who plans to farm, he knows the laws of what can and cannot be done on the farm, a financial planner, waste manager, cow caretaker, crop rotator, and great organizer.  He helps his children, loves his grandkids, would help his neighbors if needed and without question.  He is underestimated and will agree to disagree if needed and without resentment.  I really believe God sent an angel to me when I needed one the most.  He is truly an inspiration to his family and the love of my life.  Thanks I feel much better now.  Sincerely Nancy Boese hoping we can all survive.

Replied By: sheree29 on Jun 16, 2010, 3:27PM
My husband snores when he's really tired, and has been loud enough to wake up my college age daughter 2 rooms down the hall, with both doors closed!!  A few months ago as I was trying to fall asleep, I realized I would rather hear him snoring than not to hear him at all.  As loud and irritating as his snoring has been, if he wasn't there the silence would be deafening.  Ever since then, when I'm trying to go to sleep and he is snoring, it has become a comforting sound with him next to me.  I don't know how or why, but I can easily fall asleep and stay asleep on those nights he snores.  I wake up feeling more rested and he does too since he's not getting poked in the side all night!

Replied By: drestone on Jun 16, 2010, 3:21PM
Dear Dr. Phil - I am surprised that you did not recommend a sleep study for the snorer.  He should be evaluated for sleep apnea before any surgery is considered. Elizabeth Stone, Ph.D.

Showing 1-10 of total 61 Comments