Dr. Phil Community Suggestions and Help

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! The Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Click here to find helpful tips to getting started. You can also post your questions, and we'll answer them! Or, if you have a suggestion or idea for the DrPhil.com community, let us know!
Comments
Replied By: bless3x on Oct 15, 2012, 5:43PM
Hi,

My three children have been sexually abused by their dad. He is currently in  jail awaiting trial. Is there any support for moms of children who have been abused by their father?  My children are in therapy and I am trying to be strong.Their father was a fire commissioner and have connections with police. So there is not much support with police dept. My children identity is obvious on the public county court website, the name is white out but their statements say" my dad", which to me reveals who the victims are and this has only made it worse for my children. Other parents treat my kids like they will abuse their children. They are being treated differently and my kids are sorry they ever came forward. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Replied By: catbell7 on Oct 14, 2012, 3:11PM - In reply to maggieliz2
the longer your granddaughter is in jail the less access she will have to drugs/alcohol so if she is not willing to go into any treatment center she can get into  jail could be the safest place for her.  Also it is important that NONE of her friends/family give her any money -- she's an addict she will say or do anything for a buck for her drugs.

Replied By: maggieliz2 on Oct 8, 2012, 3:51PM
Am inquiring as to why I have received NO response, to all 3 mssgs. I left in the last 10 days, for
 Dr. Phil, in reference to my grandaughter's drug abuse issue? Am sure you get hundreds of these requests on a daily basis, but I find it disappointing to not receive ANYTHING from anyone regarding my repeated request for help..... Can someone enlighten me on what to do besides input your requests to "Contact Dr Phil" ?  As of about midnight last night, my grandaughter was arrested again for posession of drugs, and also violation of probation....she was released on Sept 7 to enable her to find rehab as she cannot qualify for the drug program the court has in place due to other health issues she has, so the Judge let her out to seek out in house rehab, & since she has no home, no job, no insurance, she cannot get into a rehab program on her own, so wondered if Dr. Phil had some resources available...she needs to have long term rehab in a lock down facility before she gives up & overdoses.
 If I have written to the wrong place, why would someone not forward my 3 previous request to the correct area, or advise me where I should be writing for help... your immediate reply would be appreciated.

Thank you...Mrs.Wilson

Replied By: emmamom on Oct 8, 2012, 11:44AM
There has long been concern that women are losing their (our) femininity and yet Phil McGraw will be talking with a panel of all women and keep calling then "guys."  This in my opinion is not acceptable or respectful.

IF you can go to a wedding, and approve the groom pointing to the bride and telling everyone, "See that guy?  That guy is MY guy," then okay you're nuts.

Or if when pointing to your baby through the maternity window you say "See that little guy in pink?  That's MY guy!  Can't wait to get my pretty litte guy home!"  Then you're nuts.

I recommend reading Alice Walker's article about "All Praise to the Pause" and what she says about calling females guys and what it does to little girls and the rest of us.

Also why does Phil keep referring to his guests as "beautiful women" or "beautiful girls" -- how about having some of us ugly women on for a change and then say "I have today an ugly woman ...."  Phil, you are married and yet more and more playing to beautiful women.  Tsk tsk tsk.

Replied By: katieturco on Sep 22, 2012, 10:51AM
I just finished watching yet another amazing Dr Phil episode and was so moved by what I witnessed of Robert Blake. I do believe in his innocence 100%.  His story is so sad that I wish I could have come through the screen and wrap my arms around him.  He is a man deserving of redemption, forgiveness and love.  I hope he comes back as he mentioned if given the strenght to talk in more depth.  I would love to see this man reunited with his daughter Rosie before his days are up.  There is a kind loving man that came through in that interview and if his daughter was watching I can't see how she wouldn't be moved to reach out to her Dad.  Dr.Phil I hope you can be the hero in this situation and reunite, bridge the gap between Robert and Rosie.   I can only hope that this can happen for him before it's too late. He has suffered so much it time for him to feel  happiness,love and peace in the days he has left and I believe Rosie is the only one who can help him with this.
Your devoted fan 
Katie Turco 
P.S What an incredible blessing to have the power to change affect people in such a positive way. You are a blessing to this world and you must be so grateful to be in the position you are in there is no better job than helping others. God Bless you!!!

Replied By: DrPhilBoard1 on Sep 6, 2012, 10:40AM
What is MY PAGE?

My Page allows you quick access to all of your member features.

• My Profile
    • Shows your private member profile.
    • Allows you to edit your profile picture.
    • Allows you to edit your profile via the "About me" link.
  • My Blog
    • Lists all of your blog entries, mood changes and quote changes.
    • Allows you to edit or delete a blog, or change the privacy setting.
    • Allows you to select when the blog will be posted so you can write it in advance and select the date when it will go live.
  • My Friend Gallery
    • Shows all of your current friends.
  • My Photo Gallery
    • Shows all of your current photo entries.
  • My Video Gallery
    • Shows all of your current video entries.
  • My Audio Gallery
    • Shows all of your current audio entries.
  • My Comments
    • When a member posts a comment to your blog, you have the option to accept or reject it. All comments waiting to be approved by you will appear here
  • My Friends
    • All pending friend requests will appear here, you have the option to accept or deny a request.
  • My Media
    • Shows number of audio or video entries awaiting approval.

What is UPDATE BLOG?

A blog is a section where you can share your thoughts on just about anything! You can also select who is allowed to view your blog entries.

• Post a Text Entry: Adds a text only entry.
  • Post a Photo Entry: Allows you to add one or more pictures along with text.
  • Post a Video Entry: Allows you to upload a video or record one from your webcam along with text.
  • Post an Audio Entry: Allows you to upload an audio file or record an audio along with text.
  • Change Mood: Add or change a mood with an icon along with a text entry.
  • Change Goal: Add a goal as a text entry.
  • Select or change a quote from a list of Dr. Phil "Philisms."

What Types of Comments/Messages can I post?

There are four different types of messages you can post

• A Text entry allows you to only add text, nothing else.
  • A Photo entry allows you to add a photo, or multiple photos along with text.
  • A Video entry allows you to upload a video from your computer, or record one from your webcam. You can also add text to this entry.
  • An Audio entry allows you to upload an audio file from your computer, or record one using your microphone. This also allows you to add text.

How do I post a Comment/Message or Blog Entry?

To post a comment/message, click the arrow down icon next to POST COMMENT. A dropdown box will appear allowing you to select a text, photo, Video or audio entry. For Audio, video and photo, please follow the instructions to upload or record.

For a Text entry, you can either type directly into the posting box and use the formatting toolbar, or you can use one of the following:

• The icon with the letter T on it allows you to paste something as plain text. Use this if you wish to strip any formatting when you're copying from another site or word processor. Click on the T, paste your text and click Insert. The plain text will then be inserted into the posting box for you to submit.
  • The icon with the letter W allows you to paste something you already typed in Microsoft Word. It will keep the formatting just as it appears in Word. Click on the W, paste your text and click Insert. The formatted text will then be inserted into the posting box for you to submit.
  • To the far right you will see HTML. Clicking this allows those familiar with HTML code to add their own HTML tags. Once you finish writing your coded text, click Update and your formatted text should then appear in the posting box to submit.

For Blogs, you also have the option to choose who is allowed to view them (Everyone, Just Friends, Only You), whether or not comments are allowed to be posted to your blog, and the date you wish your blog to appear. The default is to appear today as soon as it is reviewed by the moderators.

What are Blogs?

A Blog is your personal place where you can chat about anything, some folks like to use it as a diary. The blog belongs to you and you have control over who is allowed to view it. You alone are responsible for screening all comments posted to your blog. You can view pending comments under MY PAGE at the top, also in the left column when you go to your own profile. You then have the option to accept or reject a comment posted by someone else to your blog.

Blogs can be edited, but once a public blog is edited, it's sent back to the moderators for review. You can also add moods, a Dr. Phil quote, and goals to your blog, all of these can be found under UPDATE BLOG at the top.

What are Friends?

Make new friends or invite current friends to be on your friends list! With Friends, you can set up a blog that only those on your friends list can view and comment on. You also have the option of selecting how much info from your profile page your friends are allowed to view.

When you invite someone to be your friend, you need to wait until they accept your invitation. If someone sends you a friends request, you can view Pending Requests under MY PAGE at the top. You then have the option to accept, or deny the request.

How do I invite someone to be on my Friends list?

If you see a message posted by one of your friends, simply click on their user name to access their profile page. From that page you can invite them to be your friend.

If your friend hasn't posted yet, you can use the "User Search" box located on the right side on the main http://community.drphil.com/

What is My Profile?

Your profile page is what others can view to learn more about you. They can access your public profile page by clicking on your user name. You can choose exactly what information is made public, and who is able to view it.

• To add a picture to your profile click Edit Profile Image and follow the instructions.
  • To edit your About Me section, click the Edit link. Here you can select what information you wish to remain public for all to view, which information only your friends may view, and which information no one can view.
  • This is where you can also update your personal info, and change your password.
  • You can also select how many messages you can view per page, and increase the font size.

I selected to have everything in my profile private, but it's still showing up. Why?

If you are still logged into your account, you will see more info than what the public can view. To see exactly what others can view, log out and then locate your member profile. You can use the SEARCH on the right side to find it.

Showing 381-386 of total 386 Comments