Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dr. Phil Community Suggestions and Help

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! The Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Click here to find helpful tips to getting started. You can also post your questions, and we'll answer them! Or, if you have a suggestion or idea for the DrPhil.com community, let us know!
Comments
Replied By: dawnrenaehogst on Oct 13, 2014, 1:46PM
Hello Dr. Phil show, I was wandering how I am supposed to reply to the show Dr. Phil commented on today 10-14-2014. It was about family and money problems ruining your holidays. I have 3 children and die to me being disabled I never have the funds to have the Christmas of our dreams. Its always such a huge stress for me that it just makes me hate it every year. My kids are getting older and once JUST ONCE I wish I could give them all the Christmas they deserve. Its not their fault they were given a broken mom and loser dad. Please help me make their year!

Replied By: cathyws on Oct 1, 2014, 2:52AM
Hello! I don't know much about this app, other than what I've heard on the show. There was a murder this week of a female agent and I was wondering if this app or something like it could be used as a tool for female agents heading out to meet unknown clients alone. 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/body-arkansas-real-estate-agent-found/story?id=25854935 

Replied By: pa18428 on Sep 26, 2014, 2:51PM
I get the mothers concerns..I too would b worried..I just want to share that when I was 17 when I met my husband he was 32.. We have been together for37 years married for 32..we have 6 beautiful children and 6 beautiful grandchildren..it can work..the 1 thing that has made that happen is god..the more the mother forbids the more she will fight to b with him

Replied By: freedomgates on Sep 17, 2014, 12:25PM
Hello Everyone! Hello Dr. Phil,

I am new to this website/blog I looked for a section that I our story could fit in and found "NONE"...

Here is why:

I am a Mother of a daughter who is now in prison, for a crime she did not commit! . I know we here that a lot from families and inmates, "I am Innocent", but she is, let me explain the best I can:

Our daughter is one of the "The California 12" innocent clients of the California Innocent Project, in San Diego, CA. She is not the only client as you see here, there are 11 other innocent men and women, who have been falsly accused of serious crimes they clearly did not commit. We  see it almost every week about people who have been in prison for years, 30 years unbelievable that this can happen in our own America, our US of America, not a third world country, but here in the US.

Our daughter's story is on the California Innocence Project's Website, there you will find the "12" stories of 5 women and 7 men who have been in prison for many years but are innocent, just like our "Daughter".

It is the worst of nightmares you could possibly imagine, except losing a child in death has got to be the worst, our daughter is alive and well, even in prison, she stays strong and optimsistic that the "IP"(innocence project) will get to the truth, so far courts are our mountains to cross, they simply do not want to re-do a case and say "They made a mistake". Someone in the court system, those who sit in Congress, and or those seats in our justice system must fix these mistakes, fix the problems that has put 12 innocent people in prison, these 12 I know, I have talked to most of the families through letters, emails and our "Rallies" we have been having in  Sacramento, Ca, San Diego and know I believe we are going to our next rally in Los Angeles, and we will do one in San Diego. The CIP's attorney's did a rally march, and they themselves walked 714 miles from San Diego, Ca to Sacramento! their journey's are video taped and logged on their website(it was amazing that these 4 attorney's of the CIP Clinical Law School walked on their own and hand carried the "12 petitions" for our California Governor Brown's attention, for "Clemency.....

These cases the CIP literally looked into and found many flaws and found them to be factually innocent of their crimes, including our daughter's.

We hope to be on the Dr. Phil's Show to spread the word of "Wrongful Convictions" of innocent people and get Congress, Senators and legislators to action and fix these errors of justice. I see people take up their"Cause" and get hundreds of people to march, rally with them, just the other day I saw on TV News hundreds of people marching in the streets for our climate situation, I thought to myself, why is it so difficult to get people to react for wrongful convictions of innocent peope, this is also worthy to march in the street for. Our justice system and some of the people who work in it are making grievas errors in judgement, whether it is thier own oversight in a case to the real truth or lose of evidence, deliberate destruction of evidence or just  to "Win Their Case" no matter if the person is innocent, and it was clear, something is clouding their judgement.  The flaws remain and the inncocent people men women, fathers and mothers are sitting in prisons across our own country, please support your innocence project in your state and support us, please go on the California Innocence Project Facebook Website and click the "Like" button, read the stories of the California 12 and our daughter's.

The nightmare continues everyday, because their are real perpetrators out there who went free in our daughter's case while she is paying the ultimate price, she is doing their sentence for them.

People, it can happen to you, in a moment you are free citizen and the next you are arrested and tried and convicted all in one breathe of a moment, it's over, you are now in prison, taken from your children, your family and your freedom, who will help you now!

Please support my cause, no innocent person belongs in any prison!!!!

Mother of Kimberly Long

The California 12

Replied By: shortylock on Sep 12, 2014, 10:37PM
hello I'm Tina I'm not new here I had a profile here for a long time just rejoined the site. i'm 42 Hubby's name is Richard he is 44. we have been married 16 years no kids but you will see on my profile we are planing to adopt and foster. We are taking the class now. we are very excited about adopting and fostering. I am also looking for friends and lots of support on here. I am sure I will need all the friends and advice and support as time goes on. I have started the family scrapbook. I'll try and add pics of what we have done so far. right now I'm getting tired and waiting on Rich to text me from work and then I'm going too bed. I hope we pass the class and then we can move onto the next step. and if anyone would like to add me as a friend? Please do so and a little message about yourself. Thank you for taking time to read my message here. Hope you have a really nice and happy weekend. bye for now Tina/Shorty 

Replied By: xiang_jiao on Sep 11, 2014, 12:30AM
I just joined up tonight and had posted a reply to a comment on todays show.

My comment vanished and did not shown up when I hit "submit". When I go to my user profile it is showing I have 0 comments written.

My question is, do new member posts get stuck in a queue and have to be approved before they will appear? Or did I ...dun goof up

Replied By: DrPhilBoard1 on Sep 1, 2014, 2:23PM - In reply to lieske

Hi! To change your user name, please send an e-mail to Technical Help and they'll be happy to assist you.

http://www.drphil.com/messageboard/contact/

Replied By: lieske on Sep 1, 2014, 1:19PM
Hey! Could You tell Me How To Change My Username? Also, I Commented On Someone's Story and It Didn't Show.. Does It Take Some Time? Or Is It Just Because Of my Crappy Phone, like this Automatic Capital Letter Thing?

:)

Thank You!

Replied By: aprilbaby8555 on Aug 27, 2014, 10:24PM
I don't know what to do!!! My mom continues to hate me and tell me it's my fault I was born. My father was ran over by a cop when I was 5 years old and my mom kicked me and my twin brother out on the streets. My mom was very physically, mentally, and emotional abusive to me as a child an even now. I have been in and out of foster home after foster home. I am now 28 have a son that she has nothing to do with. I battle my self every single day in my hea on why did my mom have me if she was going to treat me like this. I got my dad out of the nursing home and last year the day after Thanksgiving he passed away due to an infection hes had for years that cause him to get pnuemonia over night in both lungs and he didn't make it. The doctors said he could have had cancer, aids, or hep. C and it took his body over. What makes me so sad is that I had him checked for colon and stomach cancer 9 months before he passed away and both came back negative. My mom laughed at me and called me all kinds of bad names when my dad died. She said she was glad he died. Also I never knew my family for 28 years of my life and I found paperwork in a picture frame I had for 4 years. I asked my family if they had ever talked to my mom they said yeah about every 3 months and they said and you know the craziest thing is that she never brought up to them she had twins. I have asked my mom for my whole life do you know who my family is she would just cuss me out and tell me as far as I am concerned you have no family. I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress syndrome, depression, and anxiety disorder. I have been batteling myself in my head for years asking why me. Not to mention when I was in labor this lady that I call grandma even though she is not blood related to me she might as well be offered to give my mom a ride to the hospital saying your daught is in the hospital having a beautiful baby boy do you want to ride with me to the hospital..... My mom replied by cussing saying That's not my daughter and that's not my grandson I refuse to go. My twin brother is in prison because of the life we have lived and he even gets mad at me because I have never been in trouble with the law and he tells me sis how come you never get in trouble and we have both lived the same life. I tell him because I like my freedom and I have a son to worry about. I really just really would like to know why my mom has put me through this hell and she continues to do so.

Replied By: sueplantin on Aug 23, 2014, 12:09PM
I have been trying to contact Dr. Phil for months. I eamiled everyday for over a month about my daughter.  my 13 yer old N son  even emailed about his sister.  I am desperate for his help because i believe it is the only way icacn help her.  He is one of the few people whose opinion she respects and trusts.  I have tried everything...i am lost and so worried.  I cant eat I cant sleep..it consumes my every thought...My personal email is sueplantin@att.net.  Pleae help me to save my daughter!!!!!!!!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 189 Comments