Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dr. Phil Community Suggestions and Help

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! The Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Click here to find helpful tips to getting started. You can also post your questions, and we'll answer them! Or, if you have a suggestion or idea for the DrPhil.com community, let us know!
Comments
Replied By: lizmariecar on Apr 18, 2015, 6:00PM
A smile is inspiring. comforting, familiar, polite & healing. A smile can make an impression, statement & be contagious. Every day brings the million reasons we all use our smile, without ever even realizing it. But, for me, my smile is what brings torment to me rather than joy & I always do realize when I have to use it. Key words being 'have to' (social expectation). I've spent SO many seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, & years trying to reach out for help with it. My name is Elizabeth Carpenter. I'm 24-years-old. I have an under-bite, cross-bite, & TMJ. I have paradontel disease, loose/shifting teeth, & jaw bone loss. My teeth are rotated, crooked, crowded, cracked, & broken. My wisdom teeth are impacted & my enamel is very soft. I know I'm going to lose my teeth, soon & rapidly, & it TERRIFIES me. My depression, anxiety, & hopelessness about the situation is intruding my every thought & consuming my functionality. I have sleepless nights & anxiety attacks over trying to figure out how I can obtain possibilities to realistically financially take care of my dental needs so that i dont have to accept the end result as having to be dentures. At such a young age. The longer it takes, the worse & more expensive it becomes. When I was 11 I wrote a letter to Oprah (haha) asking for braces. When I was 14 my friend's mother attempted to help me get veneers with her in Mexico. That didn't work because there wasn't legal guardianship. For my 16th birthday I asked my parents for braces. Not a car, not a sweet 16 party, but for braces. Unfortunately but understandably they couldn't be provided.Since I turned 16 I've been working & trying to save enough money. But, life happens & I haven't kept my head even hardly barely above water. I know there's so many others in need, & definitely many whom are enduring much tougher struggles than I, but still I hurt. Physically & emotionally. I just want to be 24. I want to want to kiss my boyfriend & not feel repulsive. Confidentally smile in pictures. Go to social dinners & order what I want, not what's soft. Not ever have the thought of taking my dentures out before I sleep with my partner cross my mind again. Carry lipgloss instead of ibuprofen in my pocket. Please help?

Replied By: nrjr45 on Apr 16, 2015, 5:33PM
Dr Phil. I have watched you for so many years, but today's show you talked and believed a psychic, which isn't to far from psycho. You have now diviated from your Christian faith. We war everyday with Satan and you battled with today's showing, but we do not accept or encourage ourselves or other believers, brother and sisters in Jesus Christ, to look to seer's to get our answers. Today was the first time that I have ever seen you on the other side of wisdom, while the seer's was calling out to you and your personal life the past and what has already happened. Please look at the video again. All the wisdom God has given you to help others including myself, in just one show you consulted and agreed upon something you should not have encouraged. I hope you watch the playback of the seer's sitting down with you and you will see that you were just a child and very nervous with your hands and awe of what he did, putting you onto the couch being counseled instead of giving the wisdom God has granted you

Replied By: crazypancake on Apr 10, 2015, 2:09AM
Does  Dr Phil get any type of feedback regarding viewer comments???? Does Dr Phil read any of the comments?? Does Robyn???  

The dissatisfaction expressed in the comments is increasing.  We want the old Dr Phil back.  

Now I notice  the number of  daily comments after each show  is decreasing.  Significantly. Are viewers going away??  Why are they decreasing??It seems like several of the viewers that would regularly comment have gone silent.  Why is that? Have they stopped watching? 

I recently wrote comments here trying to point out concerns. I guess it went to  the trash  can, it never posted. I was sorry to have that happen. I have been a fan since day one, I want  Dr Phil to be around for a long time. Someone has got to tell him.  Is he just surrounded by "yes men"???  Is he just burnt out????

Replied By: kaliforniagirl on Apr 8, 2015, 10:39AM
I have been following your 20/20 diet and have a few questions. I cant find rye pasta anywhere, can I subsitue it with brown rice? Can I use Instant brown rice? Can I stay on phase 1 and or 2 until I reach my desired weight?

Replied By: lanie980 on Apr 2, 2015, 7:24PM
I just wanted to write a quick post,  I tape the show and just finished watching Tuesday' s episode. I felt compelled to acknowledge the guest who was severely injured by her monster boyfriend.  I want her to know i think she looks absolutely beautiful even though she was shot i think she looks amazing. As a woman who takes pride in her appearance i bet for her that was a life changing struggle.  I hope she knows just how greatshe looks and how lucky she is. Thank god he didn't take her life!

Replied By: chortie on Mar 30, 2015, 9:54PM
My response isn't actually a comment on the camera work during the show.  The camera movement when showing the board with lists is annoying.  Please stop moving the camera. 

Paula 

Replied By: springchix on Mar 29, 2015, 3:01PM - In reply to lula1023
Hey Lula1023!  I loved your comments and totally agree.  Dr. Phil doesn't need to give air time to these psycho mothers-in-law.  The couples need to learn how to live their life without the poison i their life and Calude or whatever her name was needs to be locked up.  As Dr. Phil says we will never get that wasted time back and she has had more than her 15 minutes of fame!  If her brain cells were at all normal she would be so embarassed to view that show to see how ridiculously she behaves.

Replied By: springchix on Mar 29, 2015, 2:51PM - In reply to hhensley10
They were the first Dr. Phil family:  Erin, Marty, Alexandra and I forget the sister's name.  I remember being so angry and it was the first time I wrote in to Dr. Phil.  I don't even think he had these message boards back them.  I was furious when he paid for a tropical vacation because one of them had expressed an interest in marine biology and meanwhile she got a paid vacation and a week away for the responsbility of a newborn.  I never figured out what redeeming qualities he ever saw in those girls as I could only see problems and it appears that she turned out to be a tramp with several children from several follows.  I remember him even giving her a Jeep.  Big Mistake!!!  A video update may prove interesting but I hope he never brings them back on the show.  Alexandra did not need to be coddled she made that bed so she needed to step up to the plate put her childhood behind her and become a parent or put those children up for adoption.  Instead, Erin, takes over the parenting.

Replied By: springchix on Mar 29, 2015, 2:37PM - In reply to dede2015
I watch each show to the very end to see what Robin is wearing as she is a very attractive woman.  I wish she would stop wearing so much black clothing.  She has a great, trim figure, great hair and could likely pull off anything but please put more colour in your wardrobe.  I am also glad to see that Dr. Phil no longer wears 3 piece suits as they definintely do not suit him in this venue!

Replied By: springchix on Mar 29, 2015, 2:35PM - In reply to myyrlk
I think he has taken this to heart because he has really toned down promoting his newest book and Doctors on Demand.  I still watch the show but it has definitely changed (not evolved) over the years.  I am not sure if I will continue to watch much longer and perhaps it has run it's time.  I totally agree and was so disgusted that he put up with that ill behaved Honey Boo and that poor excuse of a person, Mama June.  I was trying to figure out why he stooped to that level as it was so below his standards.  However, we can always turn off the t.v or delete the recorded show!  That is the great thing about personal choices.  No one is forcing me to watch

Showing 1-10 of total 255 Comments