Dr. Phil Community Suggestions and Help

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! The Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Click here to find helpful tips to getting started. You can also post your questions, and we'll answer them! Or, if you have a suggestion or idea for the DrPhil.com community, let us know!
Comments
Replied By: jshivley on May 12, 2016, 11:30PM
I never thought I would find myself saying this but I am surprised and ashamed of your comments on this week Wednesday show. I have heard you many times how much you appreciate and are a supporter of our law enforcement officers. It is very unfortunate lives have been lost in this country by the hand of some law enforcement officers and many people do not understand it. In each of these cases the person that was shot by a police officer did break the law. Michael Brown is shown on video tape stealing from a convenience store and attacking the owner physically. He along with each of the others failed to comply with the law when the officer told them to stop they refused. I really have respected you for many years and I find it hard to believe but you are supporting and promoting some of the people that you had on the show and turned your back on our law enforcement officers and the law of this land. Some of those cases have been tried before the courts and you appear to disagree with the Court's findings. I am so surprised I am in disbelief dr. Phil shame on you. My son has risked his life five nights out of seven every week for 17 years to uphold the law and protect his fellow officers as well as civilians just like you. Shame Shame Shame! Jan Shivley

Replied By: myopinion360 on Apr 7, 2016, 11:05AM
Regarding the shows about sex offenders, wasn't there a time when mandatory castration was being considered for convicted sex offenders?  Registration just isn't enough.  Especially since there are bleeding hearts in the world that provide them with special housing in neghborhoods with families.  We don't have enough prisons.  We refuse to put them to death even though they are the sickest of the sick.  Why can't we have them nutered?

Replied By: teribrom on Apr 7, 2016, 9:20AM
I understand commercials are a necessary part of your show. You speak often about the uselessness and even dangers of using these media-encouraged "lose weight fast" and "with no effort" diets. So, I don't understand why, even during one of your shows on weight loss, we watch numerous commercials for diets such as these. As I type this, I am watching Marie Osmond advertising nutrisystem. It seems hypocritical.

i do try to ignore this as I learn so much from watching your show. I appreciate what you do for so many people.

Replied By: beckynfl on Apr 5, 2016, 9:55PM
I just saw the 4/4 show and the segment on age discrimination. Some years ago I worked as an accountant for a small company. As part of my job I was called into a meeting with the company's insurance agent . The company paid part of employee health premiums. In the meeting we were told in order to hold down our group insurance costs we HAD to hire more people under 30. There were only 14 employees and most of us had been there for a few years. Our medium age was 35 and getting older, so to hold down costs we would have to hire younger people. I was in my 40s and I was irate at this. I told them this was age discrimination and the agent admitted it was but said that was what must be done.So you can see what causes some of this type of discrimination. Until insurance companies quit seeing age, gender, race, etc we will never be able to stop it in the work place.

Replied By: diamonique on Mar 20, 2016, 3:18PM
The setup of the new weekly newsletter is awful. It was better before when it showed if an episode has been previously aired and on what date it occured. If your going to change something it would be nice if the change was for the better. If anything needs an update it's this website.

Replied By: angelamystik on Mar 16, 2016, 11:13PM
I am from Australia...watched all episodes of making a murderer. Yesterday I watched the Dr Phil show re the Avery case. I was extremely annoyed with Nancy Grace and how adamant she was at Steven's guilt, and how she kept going on and on about evidence, etc showing his guilt. However, she could not give clear answers when questioned on evidence that could aid Avery's case. I am not saying he is innocent OR guilty, but let's not be ignorant! It's easy to point the finger at someone without having ALL evidence fairly/ properly presented. The REAL killer/s could be out there, so let's do the right thing and give Steven a fair trial, and quickly, because like I said, if he IS innocent, then time is being wasted in finding the real murderer...THEN we can honestly say that justice has been served, and Theresa's family can find some peace in this sad situation.  We can ALL have an opinion, but it doesn't pay to have a big mouth. and make assumptions in this way.

Replied By: ginhen on Mar 3, 2016, 6:33PM
I am so glad that situation has been addressed for all to see.  I knew it was not true ( about you & Robin) having marriage difficulties.  When those FB headlines draws me into a commercial message to sell a product, I get so steamed.  I mostly skip them now.  I have bought a "beauty" product before, gave them my card # - not realizing it's harder to get out of than in.  The product was not even that good.  I would trust you and Robin without question.  Maybe someday, I can try Robin's line of products.

Replied By: sallythegreat on Feb 21, 2016, 3:51PM
Dr. Phil, I love your show!!! You are the one of my favorite people on TV. I try to listen to the show every week day, as much as possible.  I hardly ever not agree with you or disprove of something you did.  Kudos to you!!!

Replied By: steamboy on Jan 15, 2016, 9:24AM
  I must admit that I've already formed an opinion regarding the guilt or innocence of Avery. My first impression is that  he's guilty.  There are too many consistencies pointing to hisguilt. Although I've only seen the first of a two part series.  I would like to hear  what are the inconsistencies in the prosecution's case, so perhaps Is should  withhold judgement. My gut tells me he's guilty, at least for now.

Dr.Phil is correct about the power of wealth playing a role in the outcome of a trial. I use the O.J.Simpson trial as an example.  It was nothing short of amedia circus.  In the end, Mark Fuhrman ended up  being on trial, instead of Simpson..  The famous line; "If it does not fit.  You must must acquit"referring to Simpson trying on a leather glove,. rings pretty hollow if a person thinks long enough to come to the conclusion that leather after being soaked in liquid (blood) shrinks.It was courtroom grandstanding at it's best.

Replied By: filusaz on Jan 2, 2016, 5:22PM
I purchased the book but couldn't do smoothies. I don't mind cooking and no trouble with the food variety but I don't really like sweet drinks and have no trouble giving up sugar. I would like some more choices that arent milkshake like.

Showing 1-10 of total 314 Comments