Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dr. Phil Community Suggestions and Help

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! The Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Click here to find helpful tips to getting started. You can also post your questions, and we'll answer them! Or, if you have a suggestion or idea for the DrPhil.com community, let us know!
Comments
Replied By: jowhitemystory on Apr 17, 2014, 5:45PM

This content requires the Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Please install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash Player

Hello I want to talk to you about Alcohol and irresponsible behavior.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-HxbfjVlw0

Replied By: kymers on Apr 16, 2014, 6:23PM
Dr. Phil,

I am not sure I can say anything new here, seems I am not alone in my sentiment about the shows direction of late.
I am all for family pride.  And you have a family to be proud of.  I get the desire to promote the great things your family members are doing.  But lately it feels like your show has become a 60 minute commercial for all things McGraw with a few minutes of counseling inbetween.

Years ago I quit watching your show after your 'Lupus is akin to arthritis' comment."  Yep, I have Lupus and it has brought my big world that was just starting to rev up to it's knees.    So yes, that was offensive to me.  But my own doctor doesn't 'get' this condition either so I forgave you. ;)

I had been missing your 'philisms' and down home common sense say it like it is ways.  So I started watching again a year ago.  

Please Dr Phil, get back to your original format of helping people and let me continue to learn and expand my awarenesses through you.   My suggestion?  Your family is good enough to rise on their own.  Have them do commercials and use the typical commercial spots to promote them.  But please, please please get back in the show Doc.  Or sadly I will have to move on again.  It's not like I am seeing much as it is now anyway.

Replied By: cin552001 on Apr 15, 2014, 8:07PM
Is anyone becoming annoyed with the advertising we're getting during a guests counseling session?  Dr. On demand, Robins skin products, even her abuse thing.  I mean there all good things but come on.  I was already disturbed at how the show  starts showing credits almost before the last word is said but the advertising is tacky.  I love Dr. Phil and Robin. But I have been very dissapointed with the format this session. Thanks

Replied By: sashagrant on Apr 10, 2014, 3:59PM
I get that Dr. Phil is happy for the successes of his wife and children, but I think there is too much cross-promotion of their businesses and endeavors.  So much so, some shows appear to be focused entirely around these pursuits, and more of an infomercial than anything else.  Just sayin . . . .

Replied By: mombrock on Mar 28, 2014, 5:35PM - In reply to donuts109
This is not literal - he means, "I am going to give some details that show action"... it means, "in order to change this situation, it will require some kind of activity on the parts of all involved".

Replied By: clcubba on Mar 28, 2014, 5:27AM - In reply to donuts109
I think he simply means more verbs but with... STRONG AND COLORFUL MEANINGS.

Replied By: tanyarediske on Mar 24, 2014, 5:33PM
I am so disapionted to see the kind of shows Dr. Phil has been doing lately. I just saw the ridiculous preview for tomorrows show about a guy living as a dog!? What is going on with your priorities Dr. Phil? I have written numerous time trying to get help with my sons very Life. He is addicted to herion and could die from his use. What happened to helping people on your show? Some shows like tomorrows, could very well be a Maury Povich show!? I see others here voicing the same concerns. Please Dr. Phil My son really needs help. He is severly depressed over losing his older brother 5 years ago in a very tragic way. He is now giving up on his life and using herion. Please Help us. Please respond at least? thank you? Tanya Rediske

Replied By: eshewy on Mar 23, 2014, 10:08PM
We adopted 4 kids last 2 kids are siblings.  They were both physically and sexually abused before we 5got them they were 18 months and 3 years old when we received them.  

My wife and I ar now divorced because of the stress  with those kids also I became disabled.  The kids are now 10 and 11.  My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with PTSD and is stealing from everybody,

My 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia at age 5 We  she is now trying to do sexual acts with neighbor kids who are below the age of 4.

She does not understand what she is doing.  We have a therapist who is to the point of not knowing what to do.  They need additional support but have no idea where to look at.  In our state they have programs for the kids but they have to be 12 years of age.  

I am starting therapy through my church this week.  We have medicaid tnrough the state since we adopted them through the state.

I just don't know what to do for my kids.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Replied By: lajava67 on Mar 20, 2014, 8:21PM
Hi  i have some questions,number one,fist i love robins new app for victime of violance,i wish i would have that when i was in that situation, the only this is wy is there not a french section? It would be really cool,

next question is about Dr.Phill s new book (life code) ok is it going to come out in french? And will it be made to read on a ipad(apple) or android or tablette?  Even if it is not get out in french will it be made to fit or downlood to a  ipad tablet to read on the tablette insted of a real book?

i love your show ,i looke at it EVERY DAY for over ten years, and i even watch Dr.Phill whenhe was on oprah

son that is it ,i commend you  are doing. Great job ,i will be listening

ps please dont lafe at the errors my first lnguage is french so i do my best. I will be waiting for your answer for the french stuf, thank you ,have a great day.

Replied By: ktlin60 on Mar 19, 2014, 7:04AM - In reply to artmuchow
First of all, he sounded like he thought there was more to the story.  And also he was helping by bringing it to the publics attention.  It is important he doesn't make rash, snap decisions.

Showing 1-10 of total 153 Comments