Dr. Phil Community Suggestions and Help

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! The Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Click here to find helpful tips to getting started. You can also post your questions, and we'll answer them! Or, if you have a suggestion or idea for the DrPhil.com community, let us know!
Comments
Replied By: alli_81 on Mar 24, 2017, 2:33AM
I recently watch the show of the young lady who was born into sex trafficking, and if absolutely broke my heart.  I just wanted to hold the young lady and tell her everything will be okay,  and I'm so sorry for what she has had to go through.   Please keep us updated on how she is doing,  and also is she going to help the police catch these nasty, disgusting, murderous child pedophiles..  It made me sick to my stomach hearing how lowlife  POS get away with this kind of crime..Even the police are involved with this scum.. I pray this young woman gets all the help she needs.

Replied By: alli_81 on Mar 24, 2017, 2:32AM
I recently watch the show of the young lady who was born into sex trafficking, and if absolutely broke my heart.  I just wanted to hold the young lady and tell her everything will be okay,  and I'm so sorry for what she has had to go through.   Please keep us updated on how she is doing,  and also is she going to help the police catch these nasty, disgusting, murderous child pedophiles..  It made me sick to my stomach hearing how lowlife  POS get away with this kind of crime..Even the police are

Replied By: hdsands on Mar 8, 2017, 7:05PM
I haven't ever posted my opinion before with regard to Dr Phil's treatment recommendations, but I wanted to say something regarding the second half of today's show. The woman who appeared with anxiety and panic attacks in regards to her fear of germs.  

My daughter, age 23 suffers from the same fears, along with the woman's son's fear of vomiting, called emitaphobia. My daughters anxiety could very well be genetic, but I believe that certain traumatic events play a big role on her fears. My daughter has been treated with  counseling and is on medication.  Shenis going much better and is able go lead a normal life   

Having said all that, the advice and result that Dr Phil prescribed just didn't seem right. He was so focused on her doing away with getting rid of germs and being exposed to the outside and dirt builds immunity and if she just realized that and embraced it, she would get better. 

I hope that Dr Phil prescribed some type of psychotherapy for that women to face her fears and any past trauma or upsetting event in her life.  

Thank you for reading, Respectfully,  Sandra

Replied By: malli12 on Mar 2, 2017, 10:52AM
I really love your show. I've watched since you were on Oprah.  Recently I see that your family has taken up different endeavors which seem to have become quite successful. Examples: Dr. on Demand, Robin's skin care line, etc.  

My issue is with the 15 minute infomercials that are thrown in at the end of the show.  It is REALLY a turn off and for a quite a while I stopped even watching..It seems w/all your success, you must have a healthy income and are quite well off...Can't Robin afford to pay to hawk her stuff on QVC or some such similar outlet.  Many feel you're contaminating your show by throwing this stuff in at the end.  I actually just turn off once I see you're going that route again near the end of a show.  

In closing, respectfully I know you have helped many people and I think that is great. You have contributed much to humanity by doing so and I applaud all you have done.  Please try to keep the show pure and intact for those of us who watch to learn about issues that are important in today's society. Don't push that tacky commercial stuff down our throats.  

thanks....

Malli

Replied By: malli12 on Mar 2, 2017, 10:34AM - In reply to mrdunn2001
I wouldn't do it.  it sounds like he wants a mommy or parent to "take care of him" .  Guard your privacy and your life. Letting someone move in is a BIG committment and could forever change ur relationship w/ that person.  Good fences makes good neighbors which is a good way of viewing it.  He is looking for an enabler..Don't do it..Just my advice..Good luck

Replied By: limmon on Feb 28, 2017, 10:56AM
I have been having a difficult time at home and googled some of my concerns the term Gaslighting came up.

Does anyone have any experiance with this type of thing is it called something else today ? is that the reason we dont hear the term anymore?

Replied By: mrdunn2001 on Feb 25, 2017, 4:30PM
Ok. Here's the situation. I have a long time friend, who for 6 years hasnt had a job, wont go on food stamps, wont get unemployment..He just collects off his inheritance. Now he wants to come stay at my new place when I get there 2-3 nights a wekk all because he hates where he is living because he wont find his own place to live. What should I do with him?

Replied By: elleninidaho on Feb 24, 2017, 6:26PM
I love watching you everyday since I am disabled & home most of the time. I have enjoyed seeing Robin's products become successful. She is such a poised, beautifully spoken lady. It is always fun to see you all do a giveaway, involving the audience.  I would like to make a suggestion that, on days you do an audience giveaway, you give your at-home viewers the opportunity to win the same product you gave to the audience. Robin's products are very high-end and expensive, making it difficult for some people to be able to afford them. To win one, would be like winning the lottery! Thank you so much for your consideration.  Have a fabulous day!

Replied By: czegers22 on Feb 21, 2017, 3:26PM
In reference to today's show, what is the statute of limitations in the state where this abuse took place and why aren't mother and daughter pursuing pressing charges now?

Replied By: tracyann44 on Feb 15, 2017, 2:16PM - In reply to bleigh700
Mother really needs a parenting class and a good slap. Daughter needs to be put in a strict boarding school and should be absolutely ashamed and embarrassed of her bahavior. I hope no one give these two fools any attention!!!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 375 Comments