Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dr. Phil Community Suggestions and Help

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! The Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Click here to find helpful tips to getting started. You can also post your questions, and we'll answer them! Or, if you have a suggestion or idea for the DrPhil.com community, let us know!
Comments
Replied By: mjmw12 on Nov 23, 2014, 2:39AM
IF YOU THINK THAT FOR ONE SECOND THAT THAT MAN CAN BEAT HIS WIFE AND HIT IS CHILD AND PIN HIM DOWN IS OKAY IN THE UNITED STATES??? IF YOU LIVED IN CANADA YOU WOULD BE IN JAIL.. HOW COULD YOU TALK TO SOMEONE THAT IS SO COMPLETELY IGNORANT ANS STUPID AND NO OFFENCE TO PEOPLE THAT ARE RELIGIOUS THA IS UR WAY BUT NOT MINE!!!!!!!!  FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE QUOTES FROM THE BIBLE AND THINK THAT IS OKAY TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON ANOTHER PERSON IS WRONG TO THE FULLEST EXTENT, AND NO OFFENCE DOCTOR PHIL BUT I THOUGHT YOU HAD MORE CLASS THAN THAT TO LISTEN TO A STUPID MORON JUSTIFY HITTING A WOMAN OR A CHILD. I SIT HERE SHAKING MYSELF BECUASE THAT MAN DESERVES TO BE PUT IN A MENTAL INSTATUTION BC EVEN AFTER WHAT HE DID HE STILL FEELS JUSTIFIED!!!  HONESTLY THE FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS THAT I HAVE TOWARDS THATS MAN ESPECIALLY BEING A SUBJECT TO DOMESTIC ABUSE.  YOU GAVE HIM THE LIME LIGHT FOR BEING A PIECE OF SHIT!! YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM ARRESTED FOR ABUSE. AND QUITE FRANKLY THE WIFE FOR LETTING HER SONG GET HIT LIKE THAT!!!!   PPPPAAAATTTHHHHEETTTTIIIICCCCCCCC!!!!!!

Replied By: survivor326 on Nov 21, 2014, 5:01PM
I feel so sorry for these girls....it makes me sick seeing others going thru this.I too was abused sexually from age 3 - 13. My mom denied it but knew about it too.This was almost 40 years ago.....my parents died with no closure.....My mom's family is still enabling her by saying all is my fault. I was in foster-care for 2 years but still live in same town as mom's relatives. They were so mean that they made sure my name was not on the obiturary because of the way"I treated her".  I have attended counseling and am ok with who I am.....I am a survivor!!!!  My foster parents say that I did well with what was dealt to me.  By no means was it easy.....every day, I think about it.....it has scarred me for life. As far as getting an apology from my abuser and accomplice....it will never happen....I wish these girls the best in their life!!!

Replied By: deniselynn1 on Nov 20, 2014, 5:17PM
One of the most DISTURBIBG episodes I have ever seen....WTH?is wrong with that grandmother.She is as SICK as the pedophile she is married to.......POOR GIRLS...they just want an apology and some closure

Replied By: monaleahlily on Nov 18, 2014, 4:08PM
l am so happy that someone has the kids interest at heart when it comes to  June dating a sex offender.l believe once a sex offended always one.  June needs to have her head examined after this person abused her own daughter. l can't believe Sugar Bear is allowing his daughter to be in this situation. Where are their brains at? Uncle Poodle is right to be angry and l hope is sincere when it comes to Alana. He proved himself to be telling the truth so now something should be done to protect those girls. This is UNBELIEVABLE!

Replied By: 543754 on Nov 17, 2014, 5:33PM
Really Dr. Phil????  I love love love the show and what you do, but these people???  I've never seen such exploitation of children!!!  These adults all have something seriously wrong with them and every time I'd see a commercial for the show I couldnt zip through fast enough!!!  I reall feel saddened that TLC would allow this!  call me narrow, ignorant of the south, whatever, but this to me, is very bad!!!  I nearly turned you off today and that hasn't happened EVER!!  I know you are trying to help!!!  Lots of luck kiddo!  These people will never change!

Replied By: grammamamma on Nov 12, 2014, 4:09PM
 have been taking care of my granddaughter for a good portion of her life, she is 8 years old now. She has lived with me off and on. She lives with me now. Her Mother got herself in a pickle, went to jail, while in jail her "boyfriend" did not pay the bills, and stold the money she had set aside to pay the bills when she got out, so when she got out of jail, she had a week to vacate her home, no money and 3 small children. She did the best she could, being homeless with 3 kids, she stayed at my house, friends homes what ever she could till she could get back on her feet, but she wanted the kids with her, for fear someone would try to take them from her. One of the places she stayed with them, the man who was her friend for years, ended up molesting her 8 year old daughter. We went thru all the steps involved with that, the hospital, the police, cps and took her to mental health. They were staying with me. 3 different agencies clare co., midland co. & mecosta co.of CPS came to my home, noumerous times, did a complete invistigation, checked the children, my home, all the things they check, all 3 were of the same opinion, that Madison, (the child that was molested) was safe and secure in my home, it where she knew she could trust that she would be taken care of and kept safe. Also all 3 stated that the "father" was a non factor for consideration because he had never been in Madisons life, never made an attempt to build any kind of relationship. All 3 cps's agencies were satisfied and closed the cases. The community mental health dept I took Madison to, said that Madison felt safe, and happy to be living at Grammas, and she was where she needed to be. Also that the "father" was not a factor. Then we get a letter in the mail that Gladwin county had picked up the case because that is where my daughter had been staying trying to get a job and housing, it said they were reopening the case, and they had contacted Madisons "father" and suggested he file for custody of Madison. We went to court on September 2nd, 2014. the judge,  once he found out that the "father" had had no prior contact wityh Madison, placed Madison in my home, not to be removed and she was to go to school here, she is enrolled in one of the best schools in michigan, Chippewa hills, and she was doing just great . but it was just temporary until further notice. He gave the "father" weekly, supervised by me, visitation for 3 hours every saturday. Madison was scarred of all this, she did not know him, but she was a trooper, we spent every saturday with him for 6 weeks. Then we get another court date, The origional judge was out on leave for surgery, so we were supposed to get a continuance. Again Gladwin CPS stepped in, and tried to get the substitute judge to make a ruling that day for Madison to be placed with her "father" Whom lives in detroit some 200 miles away, when she has yet to even spend time with him alone, you see everytime he came to see her, he brought his whole family, 3 kids and his girlfriend, so he never really spent time with her, just around her. He also spent his time with her snapping pictures of things like the MC numbers of our pontoon, a state park sign down the road, ect ,and lied and told the court we lived in a cabin in a state park! Then He lied and said that he wanted to get pictures of the house and the upstairs but he was not allowded access, which is totally untrue, he went up to Madddis room many times to see some toy or another she wanted to show him. Anyway, the sub Judge refused to rule, stating she did not know anything about the case, so CPS then pusher her to give the "father" unsupervised visitation. The judge granted them a scedule for thet, 4 hours alone, then 6 hours alone for 3 weeks then 1 overnight, then a weekend. Which terrified Madison, he was a stranger to her! she started doing badly in school, she started wetting her pants and her bed, and she developed anger issues.  CPS also got the judge to not allow Madisons Mother to stay with us anymore! Maddi loves her mom, so that was hard on her. The first unsupervised visit, he asked her if she wanted to go with him for a few hours , she said "no thank you", so he brought in his kids, and they told Maddi they were going to go to a water park, and they told her about the slides ect, got all excited, and she said "ok, if Gramma can go, i will go"  well the "father" would not allow that. So she had to put her head down and walk out with him with tears in her eyes, scarred to death. They did not go to the water park like he told her, and he let her play outside a tuffy muffler shop, where he was having his car worked on. outside with no coat on, in late october in michigan it was 34 degrees, she got sick. He promised to make it up to her, and take her to the water park next weekend, well next weekend, he arrived to pick her up, and she was in the bath, because she had wet the bed again, so I did not have time to make her breakfast because he had himself and 2 of his kids waiting by the door, so i gave her a pop tart and off she went with her bathing suit. Again they did not go to the water park, he took her and his family to toys r us to look around, then to chucky cheezes, He did not bother to feed her, and only let her play a couple games. all they bought her was water the whole time they were gone, she came home starving! I have taken Madison to a councelor to try to help her deal with all the problems this is all causing her. The councelor said Madison had a tremendous amount of fear of all this being forced to go with a man she barely knows especally after the molestation, but i was doing a wonderful job trying to ease as much of that fear as i could. then Again Gladwin CPS contacted the councelor and informed her the decision had been made that Maddi would be living with the "father" so her job was to prepare Madison for that end. I begged The "father" to just let her live with me and have normal visitation like any father would, all this is causing this little girl serious mental anguish, he does not care, CPS wants her to go with him, and he is going to take her period. Both Madison and I try to be strong but we cry a  lot! I hired a lawyer for my daughter since I was not included in the court proceedings, I was not even allowded in the courtroom! This lawyer would not contact me to answer my questons, so i finally sent her this email :  Ms. Dillman,
I am contacting you threw email because I have tried numerous times by phone without my calls being returned. I also attempted to schedule an appointment to meet with you before the upcoming hearing, but your receptionist has failed to return my call to provide me with a date and time. I have a several questions regarding how you intend on representing us in the upcoming hearing if you are not available to discuss the case. I would also like to ask you why CPS has now informed me that they have already made a determination. At the time of the hearing I was informed by both you and the cps investigator that it would simply be a continuance, and no determination would be made until the original referee was available; Madison was given a chance to see a Counselor, and a home study could be performed on the fathers residence. CPS has disregarded two psychological evaluations to determine what would be in the child's best interest, they have also failed to perform the home study as of today, yet they have made their determination, and informed the most resent Counselor that she is to ignore her original diagnosis and simply "prepare" Madison for the inevitable transition. I fail to see how they can make a well informed, objective decision, or how they can honestly say they have investigated this case, when they have met with me for 5 mins in the hall of the courthouse, while telling me they would follow up with me at my home. They know nothing about her father, including the fact that he had spent fewer hours with her then she is years old over the course of her life. Gladwin CPS has never even met this child. When this case began, CPS in the county Madison lives (Mecosta) as well as Clare county CPS and aslo Midland county CPS, came to my home, and stated the father was a non factor due to having failed to show any interest in building a relationship with his child, but once transferred to Gladwin the father was contacted by them, and told to file for custody which is why we are here. Midland, Clare, and Mecosta County CPS met with Madison, and I, and had no concerns with Madison's well being and closed their cases, but not Gladwin! Gladwin CPS has refused to allow the child's mother to live with me, making it much more difficult for her to receive help with the issues she is dealing with. They have also disregarded the fact that even without help she has found employment, rented an apartment, and is undergoing Counseling. In the State of Michigan there are guide lines the courts follow to determine child custody, this is called the Michigan Child Custody Act, which states the judge "must" consider and evaluate the "12 best interest factors". The judge will also listen to testimony and evidence from the parties, family, teachers, expert witnesses, and others. None of this is being followed in this case, if it were, the case would be over, and Madison's mental wellness would not be in danger of being jeopardized. Her father seems like a decent person, but he had spent no time with her until ordered by the court, and even then he spends more time during his visits gathering false evidence to support his case then trying to develop a relationship with his daugter. This total disregard for Madison's mental health combined with his deceitful behavior is disturbing to say the least. These are just a few of the things about this case you should know if you are to advocate for your client in any meaningful way! I realize you dislike Toni, but you accepted this case, and now its time to put your feelings aside and consider Madison's well being, and the actual laws in this state. It's quite urgent that you contact me, as the hearing is Monday, November 10th.

Sincerely, 
Tonya Hengy

To which Ms, Dillman responded with an email to me quitting. Now i am left with Gladwin CPS manipulating the system in favor of this absentee "father", Trying to dictate to Madisons councelor how to do her job and myself no say so in anything, and no lawyer.! We seem to be at the mercy of these CPS tyrants, and i am just at my wits end trying to find another lawyer and figure out how to save this little angel of mine from the grip of these monsters! The molestation was bad enuf, but what they are doing to her, has hurt her much worse than the molestation did! they r not even dealing with all that and the effects! only pushing to give her to a strange man. Who lives in detroit, ina a 1970's single wide trailer, in a trailor park with 3 kids and a girlfriend! This is a complete gross miscarrage of justice and none of this is in the "best intrest of the child". Any advice would be truly appreciated!! I just do not know what to do anymore ;(

Replied By: brandysnap on Nov 12, 2014, 8:50AM
It would be helpful if comments were arranged in 'threads' to make following them clearer. As your boards are now, it's just a dumping ground. While you're at it, have the ability to sort comments from oldest to newest, the reverse, most liked, most disliked. 

How about adding a 'like/dislike' button to each comment as can be seen in so many other comment sites?

Time to keep up with the technology, well, at least catch up to 1999.   :)

Replied By: dream28b on Nov 11, 2014, 5:04PM
I am a paraplegic, paralyzed from the waist down from a car accident at the age of 7. I have lived through every aspect of this injury, with the judgement of others, all the way from a 7 year old's point of view to 24 and up people. I am now 24. It still effects my life, especially socially, because of some physical differences in my appearence. But there is such a stipulation that spinal cord injury makes those injured SO DIFFERENT. I try to tell people, they only difference is I cant't move my legs. So why does this hold me back in the eyes of the world of having the same equality and quality of life??

I think it needs to be approached on the show and show so many people in this world that because you can't walk, or have limitations in movement of your limbs, doesn't change anything else about you as a person and what you want in life or should be treated. I am asking you to please end this stigma. 

Yes, other complications can come up because of the injury- bed sores, GI problems- even colostomys, needing to use the restroom differently-catheterizing, muscle tone loss, osteoporosis. But that's it. And the biggest issue I want to put out there is that para and quadaplegics have healthy sex lives, just as fullfilling as an able bodied person. Some people have harder times with functionality or even loss of sensation, but there are so many ways around it or to compensate for it and a partner of someone who has SCI can be sexually satisfied.

I am so sick of going out, meeting people and wanting to meet men who will want to persue more then a friendship with me because they are men and one of their primary concerns is "She can't have sex" or "It won't be the same" or "It won't be good". Please help me end this stigma and have the world's eyes opened to how people with SCI lead normal, independent, sexual and healthy lives.

Replied By: maryhu on Nov 7, 2014, 3:34PM - In reply to DrPhilBoard1
Aside from the fact that a single household is vulnerable to the array of what the world brings to us,  I cannot be the talk of my town from a show that is regularly viewed by a such a vast margin of audience, and the resounding open participation.   Yes, I am certain the show is plentiful helpful to those in need of the generous outpouring of empathy, however, I am not that particular patient!   I am, though,  a fond listener and viewer of the rare gift that is echoed from the show's host, Dr. Phil himself.   I actually believe this gentleman speaks the most comforting words and logic in time that could demonstrate otherwise, and, he radiates a most pleasing disposition.      Marybeth Hurt, Saginaw Twp., Michigan

Replied By: titatovernaar on Nov 3, 2014, 2:52AM
I see allot of the shows but i dont like it to see that dokter phil and his wife are making nonstop

advertising about there books or his wife beauty products or advertising for there children.

greets tita

Showing 1-10 of total 204 Comments